Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 WRX and I have a couple questions if I get a moshimoto intake they state it's safe to run on stock tune BC I can't get it tuned and I don't have an access port and also if I get a boomba bpv will I hear it with the stock intake please help

·
Administrator
262 Posts
FYI - Moving this thread from the Help Desk to the Bolt-on Tech (EJ255/EJ257 2.5L 2008+ WRX, STi, and GT) forum. The Help Desk is mainly for site related issues.

Cheers,

Erik

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
So this is really 2 questions.

The simple answer is NO you cannot run a BPV and Intake without tuning.

The long answer is as follows

Mishimoto doesn't offer any intake products for the 2015 WRX that do not require a tune. they also dont offer any products that make any noticeable gains without a tune. They also make huge claims of *up to 70 whp with 93 octane fuel and a tune on a fracking intake for gods sake. Im not saying that its impossible but you will NOT SEE ANY POWER GAINS from an intake alone and in many cases because the stock ECU is looking for stock airflow values you will very likley see less power.

If you are already the proud owner of a mishimoto intake I would suggest saving your pennies and purchasing an Accessport to tune your ECU before you go installing a new intake.

On the topic of a bypass valve, and Im assuming you mean bypass not Blow Off valve ideally there would be no need to tune for a new 100% recirculating bypass valve. That said incorrectly configured or incorrectly calibrated bypass valves can cause damage to your engine so if you are using a drop in bypass valve please be very sure that it is in the recirculating position if adjustable and that the spring tension is set correctly for your application.

If you are after extra volume the cheapest and least dangerous thing you can do is replace your stock axleback mufflers with a muffler delete, they cost about $300 and they will increase the noise that you hear when starting and driving the car. If you want intake noises a tuner and an intake will be louder but expect to spend at least $900 for an Accessport and a intake.

I hope that helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
So this is really 2 questions.

The simple answer is NO you cannot run a BPV and Intake without tuning.

The long answer is as follows

Mishimoto doesn't offer any intake products for the 2015 WRX that do not require a tune. they also dont offer any products that make any noticeable gains without a tune. They also make huge claims of *up to 70 whp with 93 octane fuel and a tune on a fracking intake for gods sake. Im not saying that its impossible but you will NOT SEE ANY POWER GAINS from an intake alone and in many cases because the stock ECU is looking for stock airflow values you will very likley see less power.

If you are already the proud owner of a mishimoto intake I would suggest saving your pennies and purchasing an Accessport to tune your ECU before you go installing a new intake.

On the topic of a bypass valve, and Im assuming you mean bypass not Blow Off valve ideally there would be no need to tune for a new 100% recirculating bypass valve. That said incorrectly configured or incorrectly calibrated bypass valves can cause damage to your engine so if you are using a drop in bypass valve please be very sure that it is in the recirculating position if adjustable and that the spring tension is set correctly for your application.

If you are after extra volume the cheapest and least dangerous thing you can do is replace your stock axleback mufflers with a muffler delete, they cost about $300 and they will increase the noise that you hear when starting and driving the car. If you want intake noises a tuner and an intake will be louder but expect to spend at least $900 for an Accessport and a intake.

I hope that helps
You can run a mishimoto cai without a tune to be correct you just wont see the bigger benefits with out tune.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts