Subaru WRX Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I think what mosc was getting at on 2.5l engines...as far as a upgrade turbo. 16s aren't really a good starting point. Especially if your already in a STI and running a VF39/43. Now...as far as auto x'ing, A 16 might be what your looking for then. Unless you have deep pockets and go twin scroll.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very good info on the IHI turbos! Thanks for posting all that. I'm sure a lot of us will appreciate the shortcut lead on their builds.

·
Registered
202 Posts
so how come if the vf 30/34 are bigger than the 39 why for the cobb maps does the 39 provide you with 35 more horsepower?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Very nice write up, I know this thread is a little old but would like to thank you for it. I'm new in the whole WRX game and was not sure I caught it but what is the stock turbo on a 05 WRX?

·
Registered
14 Posts
So in your opinion, if I am looking to go to 300-350hp, the VF23 would be the way to go? Would like to go for the STI intercooler for my 05 WRX with pinks and Walbro pump....

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
So in your opinion, if I am looking to go to 300-350hp, the VF23 would be the way to go? Would like to go for the STI intercooler for my 05 WRX with pinks and Walbro pump....
Start a thread. But possibly 300-350 to the crank, not the wheels.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i'd like to see a spectrum or graph or something of these turbos, one axis being spool RPM and one axis being flow rate or top end power

61 - 74 of 74 Posts