Subaru WRX Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
I would say get some 650cc injectors. Also a warlbo 255lph fuel pump will work. Has anyone over here ever heard of the IHI VF48 turbo. I have been reading over on nasioc and it comes on the 08 STi's. It has comparable numbers to an 18G.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post! I will not double post!

·
Registered
905 Posts
you can go with a bigger injector as well, you can have your injectors sent out to PDX Tuning and they will make them 850cc for $175 bucks then they wont have to work as hard and if you ever want a bigger turbo you can stay with your same injectors

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was torn between a Vf39 and VF34 for a bit. With a lot of research I have decided to go with either a TD05H EVO III 16G 7CM^2 or a TD05H 18G 7CM^2. These turbos will spin up quick and are rebuildabe if the need arises. speedelement.com sells the 18G for $750 Shipped. 600 CFM and able to support up to 400WHP with little lag.

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Realistically, 18g will only yield 290-300whp on a 2.0L. You can get up to 360whp on race gas with a really good setup and a good tune.

Personally, I run the 18g. It's perfect amount of power, but it's pretty much unusable in the town I live in since it's mostly 25mph everywhere.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yeah, an 18G will not spool up super quick on a 2.0. I have a STi short block going in the car right now. I should get it back monday. The extra displacement should spool the 18g fairly fast. The turbo set up for me will be in 6-8 months so I will probably "decide" on thirty other turbos between now and then. I will be surpised, however, if it is not either an Evo III 16G or an 18G.

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
Doesnt that really depend on what the driver wants out of the car though? Maybe a 16G would be enough for some that have the 2.5.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
of course,a 16 g dies out fast in the top end of a 2.5, but would spool up hella fast. so a autox'er might might what to use it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
The main reason I am looking for a faster spooling(smaller) turbo is a previous car I had. First generation eclipse with forged internals running a 20G. The power was great but the lag was annoying to say the least. Two-three seconds before it really started moving. I am hoping to auto cross my car in the Atlanta Region and I don't want to have to wait for power. I'm sure, with the 2.5 and the higher CR coupled with a responsive turbo, I will be happy with the setup. Just have to hope the tranny lasts.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The 06 fuel injectors are top feed and flow at 560 (LARGER THAN THE STI!)

The STI (04-05) are side feed and have been measured flowing at 480-490.
Gotta correct you on a couple things.
06 WRX injectors = 585cc

The STi injectors you're referring to are USDM, the JDM Pink injectors flow at 565cc

Anyone have any info on the VF43? Some of they guys from STLSubaru have been putting those in recently and suggested that to me. I ended up getting the VF34 instead, just a personal preference for the ball bearing, water cooled, JDM goodness.

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
VF34 is a tad bit bigger but didn't come on any USDM subarus so finding a used one is much harder and thus it costs quite a bit more.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts