Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
VEW, great information.

I would like to know the same questions that Oren is asking. I am considering a VF34 or VF30 Turbo and Injectors for now, since Cobb has a map for that. However, I would like to know if while it is torn apart, should I replace complete fuel system (pump, regulator, rail).

Is there a goosd site to get the price of IHI VF30 or VF34 turbo?

·
Registered
312 Posts
They do still make VF-22's. Blouchturbo.com has a wide range of turbo's. They Sell VF-22/23/30/34/36/37/39. They come at a great price also. So if your looking for a VF-22, thats where to go.

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
VF22, although produces more power, is an older design. The VF34 has a better bearing design that give it the quicker spool.

·
Registered
202 Posts
i know i should probably research more, but ive got an 06 TR, would the VF34 be right for me? being that i only need to put in a fuel pump and bigger tmic? And he said the vf23 is the secret weapon, ive never heard of that one before, I see alot about turbos and which ones are good, but i heard some that work good for older models, dont work as well for the 06's. Any help appreciated ty!!!!!

oh ya my goals are to reach 300-320 streetable whp, and after that im doing suspension mods only i SWEAR IT!!!! :cries:

·
Registered
386 Posts
I would recommend a super 16g or 18g and you will definately get those numbers. Either way 300 whp is very easy with your car. There is no replacement for displacment. Also on a side note the vf23 is a twin scroll turbo.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
The fact that they are a roller bearing design with a compressor bigger than the VF30/VF34 and spool up faster than a VF22 and probably a VF30 makes it a pretty potent turbo.I like the VF24 as well.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Also three more VF series turbos not one the original list:

IHI VF43
(250-325whp, Bolt-On)
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the MY07 USDM Subaru Impreza WRX STI. It can be found on both base STI's and STI Limited's. The VF43 utilizes a thrust bearing design and the P15 exhaust housing. The difference between the VF43 and the VF39 used previously on STI's is the size of the wastegate. The VF43 has a larger wastegate designed to reduce boost creep issues.
Expect to achieve full boost with the proper mods and a quality tune between 3000-3500rpms

IHI VF40
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the USDM Subaru Legacy GT. It can be found on all the current model years from 2005-2007.

IHI VF41
This is the standard equipment turbocharger used on the JDM Subaru Forester STI. It utilizes a P18 exhaust housing.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
Apparently its an old turbo that used to come on some of the 1.8L turbocharged Subaru's (GL10).Its also known as a VJ11.Very tiny!I actually have one in my garage that i was porting!

·
Registered
905 Posts
I just put a VF22 on my 03 and i love it, it does take a little longer to spool up but its worth it in the long run i think. great info on the turbos by the way!!!!

21 - 40 of 74 Posts