Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Full disclosure.. I am not really a car guy.. My wife bought me a WRX for my 40th birthday (yes she is that cool) and I have really enjoyed the process of learning about my car and getting into all the different mods, etc... but in no way do I pretend that I really know what I am talking about. This is just my opinion.
For the last week or so I have been driving on the cobb stage 1 tune on my stock 2018 WRX. At first I was really happy with how smooth it was and that I was no longer fighting it.. but then driving the car just got boring. I switched back to the stage 0 tune to try out for the day and just had way more fun driving around being thrown back into my seat going from stop light to stop light. I think there is a reason Subaru tuned the car this way and that is for the average consumer/driver to feel like they are strapped to a rocket while they take their kids to school.

·
Registered
17' WRX base
4 Posts
That's good to know and thanks for the heads up. I have been curious to know how other people feel about going off factory tune. When you say smoother, did it still have some of that pull in the mid to higher revs or was it more of just a smooth throughout?

·
Registered
34 Posts
The issue lies in the OTS part of your tune. COBB OTS maps are not going to wake up the car that much over stock because every vehicle will need special tweaks to a tune to really do a specific vehicle justice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts