Top Speed Limiter Adjustment:
25-155 MPH

Engine Rev Limiter Adjustment:
+/ - 500 RPM in 100 RPM Increments

Engine Idle RPM Limiter Adjustment:
-100/+200 RPM in 50 RPM Increments

Cooling Fan On/Off Temperature Adjustment:
Stock/160/180/195

Reads, displays, and clears diagnostic trouble codes (DTC’s)

Feature Highlight: Optimized Engine Tuning for Popular Aftermarket Cold Air Intakes

The Max Energy Sport Power Programmer has specific tuning programs for 4 aftermarket air intake systems stored by manufacturer name in the programmer. Each cold air intake system uniquely changes the velocity and volume of air entering the engine requiring specific tuning to correct the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor for best performance. Without tuning, the intake kits cause the engine to run leaner, but all performed great once we recalibrated the tuning for the altered MAF sensor readings. Combining the proper recalibration and increased airflow provides an additional 1/2 psi of boost with no sacrifice of turbocharger efficiency, and a decrease in turbocharger air temperatures.

For more information, go to Performance is our Passion - Hypertech, or call 901-382-8888.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
Performance Gains:
Premium Fuel: +26 HP/ +28 TQ

What OTHER mods are included in this figure? Are you saying a stock car with only the Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner would see that?

Do you have any real dyno charts showing a comparison to stock? How are those numbers calculated?

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Performance Gains:
Premium Fuel: +26 HP/ +28 TQ

What OTHER mods are included in this figure? Are you saying a stock car with only the Hypertech Max Energy Sport Tuner would see that?

Do you have any real dyno charts showing a comparison to stock? How are those numbers calculated?
The advertised power gains are on a totally stock car with no mods. There is a dyno chart attached to the post above, showing HP and torque stock and tuned at each RPM point.

The gain from peak to peak is 16 HP; 234 stock, 250 tuned. The max gain was at 4800 RPM; 208 stock, 234 tuned. All power numbers were measured on our Superflow AWD chassis dyno.

Chris

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
EJ20 is rather vague. What the guy was asking about though is the EJ205 specifically, which is what is under his hood. It's the USDM 02-05 WRX engine. I don't know what motor you're thinking of that's JDM without a turbo. They sell some NA EJ20 variants, but none have reached the states.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
EJ20 is rather vague. What the guy was asking about though is the EJ205 specifically, which is what is under his hood. It's the USDM 02-05 WRX engine. I don't know what motor you're thinking of that's JDM without a turbo. They sell some NA EJ20 variants, but none have reached the states.
Ok, great, thank you, I googled it and that is where I found the Japan only motors. Your post makes alot more sense of his statement. I have to admit, I was kinda lost there as I am fairly new to Subaru >year. As far as the 02-05 WRX tuning, This will most likely take some time. As all of you most likely know, we are industry leaders and are over 25 years old, we are still relatively new to the import world. The best possible way to get us to make it is to go to http://209.12.144.7/requests.php and enter a product request. The more requests we get, the higher on the "to do list" that application goes.

·
Premium Member
6,794 Posts
The EJ205 is a 16-bit ECU unlike all other EJ turbo motors sold in the US. It also hasn't been used in 7 years and the entire EJ motor series won't make it past 2012 even in it's more modern flavors. Just think you shouldn't hold your breath z1107. There are some competing products though that existed when the EJ205 was still new and shiny, so you have those options.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nothing for 06-08's? I'm a father of 2 & my hot-rodding days are beyond me. Y'alls other tunes for different vehicles have always been on the "safe" side compared to other programmers. Thats pretty much what I'm looking for.

Thank You

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
From searching around it looks like the Cobb AP is about 20 dollars more than the hypertech. Im not here to bash Hypertech, but Cobb has been using their stuff on "imports" for awhile now, and have a pretty good record. I have been using an AP for over 4 yrs now and havent had a single issue that wasnt quickly and/or easily resolved. The AP has pretty much the same abilities and then some. Just something else to look at.

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing for 06-08's? I'm a father of 2 & my hot-rodding days are beyond me. Y'alls other tunes for different vehicles have always been on the "safe" side compared to other programmers. Thats pretty much what I'm looking for.

Thank You
I know exactly what your saying. Sorry but we only support the new 2.5L TC WRX at this time. Make sure you go to http://209.12.144.7/requests.php and enter a product request. We use these requests as data for up coming support as well as pull our Beta testers from this list.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Any discounts for when people are part of this forum ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts