Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it people im from a land down under called NEW ZEALAND,
I formed a car club named CHOSEN FEW,our name comes from the bible.
We are car enthusiasts and mad about performance cars,we have mostly Subarus....Love them machines..
i own a RS subaru Legacy with a lot of mods on it,down here these cars make the women wet themselves,same as the WRX,much respect my subaru Brothersd and Sisters..

Just thought id introduce myself..
I know this is a WRX website but i just wanted to show my car..
I have pics of my car on the website listed below.

www.chosenfew.co.nz

Cheers..
Theres a rumble in the jungle..Must be that BOXER engine.Vrooooommmmmm

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea - go new zealand, hey andge, thought i might follow you on here heh..

we have skylines and evos and stuff here which you guys in america dont have, am i right?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey bro howsit,LOL,wonder how many more will come,..
Yeah i forgot to mention we have MITSUBISHI EVOs and NISSAN SKYLINES and MAZDA ROTARYS overhere to which play a pretty important part in the imports scene,just to let ya know..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey Chosen few,good job on the 12 second RS thats real impresive,when are you putting the car on RMR?

·
Registered
5 Posts
yea. you guys in america have loads of cars that are way faster then our fastest.. current fastest is the Heat Treatments Nissan Skyline GTR - its chasing 8's now, running low 9's. you dudes in america have loads of cars running these types of times..

anyways whats the deal with you guys not having Evos or Skylines? We pretty much live on them here :D

but what we realy need down here is a realy fast subie... there isnt a subie in our 10 fastest, all evos, GTR's and one honda and a few mazda rotors, would be realy great to see a fast STI...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rape my ride

WRXMASTER said:
Hey Chosen few,good job on the 12 second RS thats real impresive,when are you putting the car on RMR?
yeah i sent it like 2 weeks ago and im still waiting,in the PROJECT CARS banner on our site it has a write up on it..cheers...hey another kiwi,good to see..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah thats a mint RS,I have had 3 RSs before my WRX(better be careful I am showing my age)

But yeah I loved them awesome cars,the true genetic brother of the WRX,I have just sold off a heap of parts from my RS.
What type of gearboxes are you guys using?
In my Subaru carreer(sp)I have blow 3 an RS box in 24hrs:p .

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
honstly i havent blown one gearbox out of the two RSes i have had.they are standard,the harlequinn subaru has a dogbox from Australia which i tell you is the way to go,you can slap in gear real easy no worries,sounds goood to,even if the winding noise is there.never get or buy a reco g/box!the 12 sec RS blew one gearbox and 1 clutch..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah dog boxes are the only reasonable priced options for high performance WRXs or RSs.I used a part dogbox before, the whine isnt as bad as I had expected,why exhaust drowned most of the sound out anyway:p .What tupe of Turbo are you using to get 12s?

I am in the prosses of fitting a GT28 Hybrid turbo from Australia at the moment,hence my other thread,but I am not getting any responses so I guess Aussie gear isnt so popular in the States,it flows up to 440hp but with my current 555cc injectors will be under 400hp,but my RAs body has been lightened to about 1200ks so it should fly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
your on the right track bro,we used a VF29 twisted Turbo to run the 12 sec, We looked at Tony Rigolis and Dominicks Subarus,i have to say those guys are God to us!!LOL..Love the reversed manifold front mounted hard,and stroker kit..

dont the american Subarus come with stroker kits?

So yeah rigolis are our inspiration why we stuck to Subarus,10 sec Libertys(RS) man thats some crazy #@%#@%#@%#@% for the weight n all.and there WRXes Wicked..i think they hit a 8 sec or was it 9 i cant remember,but they got a good time in ozzie,it wasnt rigolis to either i think,at the summernats it was someone else i could be wrong..

·
Registered
14 Posts
Chosen,
Yeah the Aussies have some really serious Subs,the fastest on I have heard of was DEBRONX(tuned by the RIGOLIs) at 9. and C&V performance has put a WRX also into the 9s.
I mailed you at your site,I am not sure if you got it.Check it out..
cool !Thumbs Up

·
Registered
5 Posts
heh maybe if i eat enough burger king then i might win that 2003 wrx sedan :D (might be called hungry jacks over there.. it is in aussie)
but as of now im lookin for a familia (323 over there i think) mid/late 80s sedan

·
Registered
311 Posts
Hey, it's nice to see some New Zealanders here. I'm in the states, but one of my co-workers is moving out there in about a month. That fact coupled with the release of The Lord of the Rings extended edition (which has extra features showing New Zealands beauty) has me in envy anytime I think about New Zealand. Unfortunately, for me, it seems like you have to jump through an amazing amount of hoops if you want to move into that country.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey its easy as to get into new zealand..im sure you wont find no problems.tell em you come to watch dennis conner fight for the AMERICAS CUP...
Youll love it here,especially if you like import cars...so ill see you when you get here,billeting on!..lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Gerlando said:
Hey, it's nice to see some New Zealanders here. I'm in the states, but one of my co-workers is moving out there in about a month. That fact coupled with the release of The Lord of the Rings extended edition (which has extra features showing New Zealands beauty) has me in envy anytime I think about New Zealand. Unfortunately, for me, it seems like you have to jump through an amazing amount of hoops if you want to move into that country.
A guy in my class from school is acting in the LORD of the Rings 2,and most of those places are places I grew up in,I saw the making and it made me homesick:( .

I have heard that America can be pretty cool too!Thumbs Up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts