Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently picked up a used 2005 Impreza WRX and lucky for me, it is 100% stock. one of the main reasons I bought the car is to have a project. However, I'm a total newbie for mods.

Can anyone help me out? I would like to buy some sort of exhaust for a deep or lower rumble. I've heard that I can get away with it with just buying a catback exhaust. If i just get the catback exhaust, would I need a access port? or would I be able to run it without a access port?

I guess what I need help with are the proper steps to do this and what to buy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A catback would be ok but honestly an Access Port and tune will wake up even a stock car. The manufacturer tunes in a lot of safety into the tunes so it will work for all that model vehicles. Tuning closer to your vehicles personality if you will will unlock more than one would expect

·
Registered
15 Posts
I Agree with mako. AP will wake the car up. However, if you are just looking for rumble exhaust is the key. You can port and polish your existing headers and bolt on a catback without needing to tune and have serious gains in rumble. If you go all out and replace cross pipe and up pipe you’ll hear and feel some changes. Once you change your down pipe you will need a retune, but you’ll have gains in power band and rumble. Up to you. If your serious and want to drop a few grand. I’d go with gasket matched PNP stock headers, grimmspeed coated cro

·
Registered
15 Posts
...oops. Coated cross pipe, up pipe and down pipe, blanket and shield the turbo and add borla catback. This will achieve subir rumble. You’ll need an AP or custom tune to get the most out of these but can get by without. Don’t mess with the intake or fueling unless you can alter IC too and tube for sure. Great place to start. I’d upgrade brakes and suspension next before powering her up. Most of all enjoy it and have fun with your build.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts