Subaru WRX Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
smores said:
lol... all I can say is. I dare someone to try that on any of my vehicles. I'd hate to be the guy/girl to try to steal my car. I know the startup sounds of my vehicles as well as my own voice. Once my dad started my car to move it, with his key (it used to be under his name...). I ran downstairs, came back up and was outside, in front of the car with my 12-gauge before he even left the parking space.

Good luck :) good info tho... too bad I have like 5 extra keys somehow and I doubt I'll ever need to know that. But like they say... "Be Prepared."

EDIT: Oh, and about the thing in his lap... maybe he's really a wookie :'(
rofl, only a noob would start it up infront of ## house. people i knew who used to steal cars would just push it down the street, if they want it... they will get it. gun or no gun. rofl

·
Registered
573 Posts
I've got the Blitz DC2 DTT.. which has a starter disconnect if the key is out of the ignition and the e-brake is down... I think...

But like they say, if they want it, they'll have it. I guess the only way to secure it completely is razorblades behind the door handles, poison gas canisters inside, and some explosives. ;)

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
smores said:
I've got the Blitz DC2 DTT.. which has a starter disconnect if the key is out of the ignition and the e-brake is down... I think...

But like they say, if they want it, they'll have it. I guess the only way to secure it completely is razorblades behind the door handles, poison gas canisters inside, and some explosives. ;)
Isn't that considered "intrapment" or some crazy snazz like that? :p

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Vew said:
Isn't that considered "intrapment" or some crazy snazz like that? :p
Nah Jon, it's called getting yourself sued. Here's how it plays out if you do some shit like that.

Some jackass breaks into your car that you boodytrapped, maims themselves, sues you, and then wins.

Sweet isn't it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm not asking, but we discovered how. Nick and I acciently found out how to do it when we were installing stuff on my car yesterday. It's scary easy, and I'd only take a max of like 2 minutes to do. We took photos since I was already taking photos for my how to. I guess I could also make a how to on hotwiring an Impreza, but I don't know if I want that information out there that readily avaliable.

EDIT: I should have made this a poll, but I can't now. How many people think I should post the information how?

EDIT #2:

It's a lot easier than you all think. This is for EDUCATIONAL purposes ONLY. I hold no responsibility the way you use this knowledge. It's nothing you couldn't find out by tinkering on your own or reading the repair manual. Entering a car or starting up a vehicle that is not yours is AGAINST THE LAW. Well, here it goes. The images are only temporary until I need the space again.

EDIT #3: Removed. It was only a temperory thing to stir up some interesting conversation... about badgers apparently. Anyways, if you missed out and I trust you, I'll forward you the photos, otherwise, don't bother PMing me. :rolleyes:

EDIT #4: More info removed.
Will you send me an idea maybe I bought a 2002 wrx and had a copy of the key only no fob and now the security light is flashing and the key won't crank or start car just dashk li.ghts

41 - 53 of 53 Posts