Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not asking, but we discovered how. Nick and I acciently found out how to do it when we were installing stuff on my car yesterday. It's scary easy, and I'd only take a max of like 2 minutes to do. We took photos since I was already taking photos for my how to. I guess I could also make a how to on hotwiring an Impreza, but I don't know if I want that information out there that readily avaliable.

EDIT: I should have made this a poll, but I can't now. How many people think I should post the information how?

EDIT #2:

It's a lot easier than you all think. This is for EDUCATIONAL purposes ONLY. I hold no responsibility the way you use this knowledge. It's nothing you couldn't find out by tinkering on your own or reading the repair manual. Entering a car or starting up a vehicle that is not yours is AGAINST THE LAW. Well, here it goes. The images are only temporary until I need the space again.

EDIT #3: Removed. It was only a temperory thing to stir up some interesting conversation... about badgers apparently. Anyways, if you missed out and I trust you, I'll forward you the photos, otherwise, don't bother PMing me. :rolleyes:

EDIT #4: More info removed.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
awwwww crap....
how easy are we talking? cross a couple wires and your in? ya know what, it doesn't matter, dont post it. call SOA and see if they give a shit.

I would find it to be a good thing to know.
yeah, you and a thousand people who dont own wrx's

yet

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
It doesn't really matter, I have the UTEC and it's "somewhat anti-theft" feature. But, all in all, if someone wants your car bad enough, it's gone. The only thing that's going to help you is a nice alarm, and that's even up for debate. If someone was to steal my car, I don't want it back. Insurance pays it off, I get a new one.

Post it Jon. :cool:

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would like to know but I don't want everyone else to know lol. It's really not that hard to steal a car, although I have never hotwired one so I don't know how hard that is. You guys are bringing me back to when I was like 15 with this post, I am going to go look for my toyota master key. So my little brother can't get his hands on it and get into trouble.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
JiveMasterT said:
At least you're good humored about it.!Thumbs Up
No real reason to be mad. I get mad when people use it against me, it is a sore spot, but joking helps me deal with it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts