Subaru WRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
DO NOT TOUCH THAT WASTEGATE ARM..... until AFTER you flash a map that calls for upping your boost manually at the arm. And I recommend not putting that DP on until you have an EM for it. I am no tuner , but you need to have at the very least an OTS map for the DP. Some guys have run their cars with no problems, but you really are`nt going to see any MAJOR gains from this mod. Do yourself a favor and buy a map from XPT or one of the other maps they have on their website, since you already have the cable and the program, I think the map for your ride is only like $25.!Thumbs Up

·
Registered
355 Posts
They used to be only $25, oh well! Still, $52, that`s cheap as hell!
And if you don`t have the cable yet then you can`t monitor your system and you SHOULD NOT TOUCH YOUR WASTEGATE ARM!.
I only say this with the utmost urgency (sp) because I do not want to see you pop your motor. You will most definitely enjoy the maps they have there and will learn quite a bit from logging your ecu and they have great customer service over there if you need anything. I have just flashed stage 3 and love it. I just bought stage 3 RACE and will flash that once my other parts arrive. When I went to stage 2 with just my DP and filter (no cat back) I was grinnin from ear to ear. Trust me and don`t do anything until you have the map and then flash it the same time you install your DP and you will be happy as Fu(&!!!!Thumbs Up

·
Registered
355 Posts
The xpt map is 52 bucks and i dont have the cable yet im trying to find someone thatll let me use theres for a couple days while im home
You know, I was going to do the same thing, but really it is a good investment and I keep mine in my glove box just so I can see what`s going on whenever I want.!Thumbs Up
I have seen people selling them used on this forum and over at nabisco

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is a stock 07 WRX I'm going to be running an Alky kit, but before I do I need a good scan tool before I turn up the boost ;) Who makes the best scan tool that's easy to use? I don't want the night rider version if you know what I mean. "KIT I need you buddy" lol That was lame. :D

this action is done when you are useing stage 2+ and not reaching your target boost only
DO NOT ADJUST WHILE STOCK OR STAGE 1( it is not needed)

1: Remove C-CLIP from the WG Actuator DO NOT DROP THE C-CLIP
2: Loosen the WG Adjuster nut with 10mm wrench
3: Remove the Adjuster from the WG Flapper by pulling up.
4: Shorten the length of the arm to increase boost, opposite to decrease.
5: Place Adjuster back onto the WG Flapper.
6: Place C-CLIP back onto the locker.
7: Tighten 10mm Adjuster nut to when done

turn only half a turn at a time then check boost

DO NOT ADJUST UNTIL YOU HAVE PROPER EM AND AN ACCURATE WAY TO MONITOR YOUR BOOST!!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok, so heres my question. I already flashed my ecu and now have xpt stage 2 with the exact mods needed.

I have a omori boost gauge and it has a button called hold and it shows me my top boost. When im driving it hits the normal stock amount usually less. When i press the hold button it usually shows about 17 psi. So im like O shit. And when i have the cable hooked up im not exactly sure what i should be looking at in enginuity. I just wanna make sure im not gunan turn it up to much. I dont have the money to pay for a repair right now. What like value should i be looking at in enginuity. Also is my boost gauge broken/ or just connected wrong? And my final question is where can I go buy extra C clips because i know im bound to drop it lol.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Ok, so heres my question. I already flashed my ecu and now have xpt stage 2 with the exact mods needed.

I have a omori boost gauge and it has a button called hold and it shows me my top boost. When im driving it hits the normal stock amount usually less. When i press the hold button it usually shows about 17 psi. So im like O shit. And when i have the cable hooked up im not exactly sure what i should be looking at in enginuity. I just wanna make sure im not gunan turn it up to much. I dont have the money to pay for a repair right now. What like value should i be looking at in enginuity. Also is my boost gauge broken/ or just connected wrong? And my final question is where can I go buy extra C clips because i know im bound to drop it lol.
You can by the C clips at almost any hardware/automotive stores.The auto motive stores come in a assortment pack made by Help!.Do not go by your boost gauge alone.The 17 psi might have been just a momentary spike.Use the cable and Enginiuty to log and use that info instead of the boost gauge.:)If you don't have the money to fix what you break,you should spend some time reading....

http://www.scoobypedia.co.uk/index.php/Knowledge/ECU
http://www.enginuity.org/Documentation/EnginuityFAQ
http://www.enginuity.org/Documentation/TuningFAQ

·
Registered
56 Posts
ever since i adjusted my wastgate arm i hear a loud rattle coming from around the turbo. Im getting real irritated by this, when i accelerate it doesnt sound but when i let off the gass it get really loud. I took it to a muffler shop and they started banging my downpipe and it sounded like something was inside. Could it be wastegate flutter? if soo how do i get rid of it? thnx.
Current mods invidia V2 downpipe
spt intake
Xpt stage 2 flash

·
Registered
62 Posts
My other question was in the program enginuity what value do i look at to see my boost. Theres like boost error and target boost and they both change. Seems like either one could be correct with the numbers im getting

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
hmm ill have to go see. I dont remember seeing that in enginuity well im logging
Should be listed as "manifold pressure corrected".Also only list the minimum parameters needed.Basicly the more parameters you log,the less resolution from each.Maybe start with:
manifold pressure
knock correction
ignition timing
engine speed
vehicle speed
IAT
IAM
wastegate duty cycle
primary injector duty cycle
feed correction
fine correction

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Ignition Advance Multiplier
02-05 16 bit ECU max IAM = 16
04+STi/06+ WRX 32 bit ECU max IAM =1

If you do not see max IAM after "readiness" (or if you have set the default IAM to 16/1) you have had a knock event.More info on Cobb's website and Enginuity.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Alright, I didnt log it while i was driving so i just took a screenshot of the log. Cant really get a graph or anything. But I had these random ones recorded cause i kinda did it on the spur of the moment with my friend. But yea tell me if you see anything.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts