1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
it will raise on its own to 14.5 after a turboback exhaust install

·
Registered
103 Posts
Okay guys, maybe im not boosting enough...but my wrx goes up to about 8psi...wtf is the deal with that...And im pretty sure thats the max in all gears...HELP, should i be a lot faster or am i ok?!?!?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have an HKS SSQV and a TurboXS Up-pipe, but even before that, the boost was always around 7 or 8...Im reading it through the boost guage that I have (aftermarket)

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
In 1st and 2nd gears, boost is limited to 8 psi. This is my experience with my car and with what I've read on this subject. Since I've installed my uppipe and tbe I hit 10 psi in 1st and 2nd, and it goes up to 15 psi in the rest. Stupid creep anyways. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
232 Posts
are you the original owner of the car?

check the vacuum lines going from the turbo to the wastegate actuator and the boost control solenoid and make sure that the restrictor is still in place.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ok, I think I have a problem. It may just be my gauge, it's mechanical, but the dealer said I was running 16 psi, and I told them they were crazy. They told me that I put a MBC on my car. I'm like, "If I put a MBC on my car, I think I would know." So I ran it the other day to see what my gauge said, and it went to 16 psi. What do you think?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Antyoo, no im not the original owner of the car...Is it possible that the kid who owned it before me put in an mbc, then took it out to resell the car and now the boost is stuck at 8psi? also what should i do if this is the case

Also what does the restrictor look like and where would i locate it

·
WRXtuners-Sponsored Driver
3,488 Posts
It is inside the hose between the compressor nipple and T. It might be between the wastegate actuator and T too, but just get a pair of needle nose and squeeze down both hoses, and you should feel it. If not, time to get a new one.

·
WRXtuners-Sponsored Driver
3,488 Posts
IBAUCLAPlaya said:
It is inside the hose between the compressor nipple and T. It might be between the wastegate actuator and T too, but just get a pair of needle nose and squeeze down both hoses, and you should feel it. If not, time to get a new one.
^^^

·
Registered
11 Posts
IBAUCLAPlaya said:

I had a 95 GST before this, and on the dsm we removed the selenoid from it as a free mod so to speak. Is it the same on WRX or not?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Cosmo said:
No. If you remove the solenoid, you will have no boost, or control of boost.
Also fresh from DSMs, he means that we remove the restrictor to the solenoid so that when the ECU thinks it's "safe" and opens this bleeder solenoid then the wastegate see's less pressure. Less pressure at the wastegate = more boost.

I know nothing about WRXs yet, but I assume what some folks do is take out the stock solenoid and just use a manual bleeder between the wastegate and your pressure reference (presumably compressor housing or maybe intake manifold). From the few FAQ headlines I've seen, this doesn't seem to be considered good in the WRX world.. probably because your ECU is far more intelligent than an old DSM ECU :)

But maybe I'm just spewing useless garbage.. hopefully not..

Take care,
Adrian

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I recently bought a 2013 wrx hatch and it’s pushing about 10psi is that the stock amount because some friends of mine are saying that I should be pushing more then that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts