Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah I got 10.8 gallons of gas this mourning on my way to work and spent $43!
Ive been stubborn for a while and refused to put more than 40 bucks a week in the car and now Im only gettin a lil more than 3/4 a tank for 43 bucks. :pity:

93 is running 4.05 here, well that was as of this mourning it probable went up 5 cents in the last 12 hrs.

How is everyone else doing on gas prices??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Up here in VT it was 3.99 yesterday for 93. Don't feel bad, generally I am taking my truck to work and it costs a lot more then $43.00. That 6.0 on the chevy with 410 in the rear is not liking these gas prices. If it get's worse i am going to have to find a way to haul more stuff in the rex or trade here in for a small tacoma pickup truck and that would kill me. I love my car more then anything.:(

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah the wife drives the Escape and that thing sucks down like a pig. Everytime I get in it the gas light is on. She wants to trade it in and get a Tribeca.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
Down here in Bloom we dont have very many places with 93 so I use 91, and it cost me 48 bucks every fill...once a week. Think its 3.70ish right now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I need the chevy to move my tractor to sites among other things. yeah thought of trading Rex for Tacoma but I can't do it. Going to get a large job box and leave tools onside so I can run the Rex daily with gas the way it is.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Now that 93 has crossed $4/gal I've actually been tempted to tune the 6 for an 87 octane eco map, there are a few on the forums that have hit over 40mpg hwy

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yeah the wife drives the Escape and that thing sucks down like a pig. Everytime I get in it the gas light is on. She wants to trade it in and get a Tribeca.
I talked my mom into getting a Tribeca and I just want to throw it out there that I doubt it will really do any better than the Escape. She drives like, well, an old lady, because she is one, and she gets around 20 on the highway is all. I can't imagine the Escape is worse. When I drive her Tribeca (twice) I get around 17 highway. Granted, I go 80 on the freeway...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in Canada and prices are getting dumb. I put $20 in tonight to go to a meet and I only got a 1/4 tank. thankfully my work is near by and I like to ride my bike. or else I'd be seriously broke.

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Now that 93 has crossed $4/gal I've actually been tempted to tune the 6 for an 87 octane eco map, there are a few on the forums that have hit over 40mpg hwy
You WILL get knock... Matt, are you on mazdaspeedforums.org ?

Anyways, It's 3.99 here for 93. This blows.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I troll msf.org but I've seen it done a few times with no knock, basically it'll run normally under normal load conditions but on the highway it will lean out and timing will ramp up, ohh and on this map the car would only be on WG boost.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Negative, from what I saw there is no OS for the MSI engines yet and I will never buy Cobb.

I sent my ECU to cP-e for the full control flash and I ordered their Standback2 and PnP harness, it allows you to actually tune for a VTA BOV by shutting off the injectors between shifts, and it allows FFS and LC combined with the full control flash which gives the driver full throttle control instead of the ECU interfering with the Drive by Wire.

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I paid $4.13/gallon for Shell 93 in Frederick, Maryland 3 days ago.

I have a Shell credit card that saves me a certain percentage on gas.
I occasionally get coupons in the mail or email for 5 cents off per gallon.
Thursdays are 5 cents off per gallon at all Shell stations.
Giant Food has a partnership program with Shell where you can save 10 cents or more per gallon based on the amount of groceries you buy.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I pretty much only buy gas at Wawa in Annapolis, I filled both cars up on Sunday and I believe my bill was in the $11X range

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Giant Food has a partnership program with Shell where you can save 10 cents or more per gallon based on the amount of groceries you buy.

Yeah We have a Price Chopper points card for Sunoco stations. but it takes hella time to get enough up to actually make a difference now.

Once in a while I would park my car on the other side of the pump she was using and fill my car up after the truck.

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
I normally use Rutters gas stations around here and I have their Rutters rewards card. When I'm working, I normally go there to buy lunch, snacks, and drinks. I normally save .30-.40 cents a gallon by the time I use the rewards. But, then again I don't drive as much lately because I use my work van for work. But, it still helps when I do fill up.

Giant Food around here also does the same thing. They will let you save cents off a gallon for purchases of groceries at their stores. My mom does that to save money on her card and my gf does it on our card. It also helps to use Apps like poynt or gas buddy on your smart phone. Those apps will show you the cheapest place around your zip code to fill up if you don't have reward programs. Believe me, 10 mins away from me. There was a gas station selling premium for almost .30 less then the one down the street from me. It all helps you save money.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts