Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I'm new here an new to the Subaru scene I've worked on a few here an there at the dealership but nothing to serious. Got some questions about a engine swap for my 2003 wrx that recently developed a horrible rod knock. I'm looking to replace the bottom end instead of rebuilding the bottom end. I contacted Tiger Japanese an they had told me I can use a 93-98 long block just for the bottom end, wondering if this is true? an what I would need or if there is any difference. An where I can find a reputable shop around the Holland/Grand Rapids area in Michigan.

Thanks Dan

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
You will wind up with a higher compression than your current motor, just jump on Ebay and find one or buy a new shortblock from Subaru or reman from someone.

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
PMP is awesome!
You need a good used part, he's got it. Or will get a car in for you to buy parts off of.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will wind up with a higher compression than your current motor, just jump on Ebay and find one or buy a new shortblock from Subaru or reman from someone.
Ended up going with the Engine from Tiger Japanese. Still don't have the car running but have bought a bunch of stuff for what should be a decent build.
Thanks for helping me though guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts