Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought an aftermarket up pipe and header combo from eBay about a year ago for my 2009 WRX and at first I put the header on and everything lined up and everything was all good but then after a while I noticed one of the up pipe bolts the thread actually stripped in the up pipe and so I had to put the other one in will when I put the matching up type I've got so much of a ridiculously huge gap between the two flanges from the header to the up pipe that I can almost fit my finger in it reference guide my pinky finger which is about inch to inch and a half has anyone ever made a adapter for like how when we do our 3in downpipes to our 2 inch stock exhaust for that combo and would it work?

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I bought an aftermarket up pipe and header combo from eBay about a year ago for my 2009 WRX and at first I put the header on and everything lined up and everything was all good but then after a while I noticed one of the up pipe bolts the thread actually stripped in the up pipe and so I had to put the other one in will when I put the matching up type I've got so much of a ridiculously huge gap between the two flanges from the header to the up pipe that I can almost fit my finger in it reference guide my pinky finger which is about inch to inch and a half has anyone ever made a adapter for like how when we do our 3in downpipes to our 2 inch stock exhaust for that combo and would it work?
You can try using this type gasket, worked for me: Amazon.com: TOYOTA Genuine (90917-06075) Exhaust Pipe Gasket: Automotive

1 - 4 of 4 Posts