Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I got a 2004 subaru imreza wrx wagon, and it was running a bit rough and smelt of gasoline due to the loose fuel lines and the tune before running more rich then anything. I got a new tune on it, runs better for sure now less fuel smell but it still has been missfiring in 2-4 sometimes one. I already changed the coils and spark plugs, spark plugs were heavily corroded due to the rich gas that was in it. so that shouldn't be the problem. Where else should I start? Fuel pump has been changed but If anyone has a video or a how to on changing the fuel vent hose I know that still needs to be done as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
When u say the plugs were heavily corroded from fuel that worries me because a excessively rich condition would not cause the plugs to corrode ..were they black n carbon coated like a black looking cruddy on them or were they a white grayish color coated n looking they were living ok n the ocean floor??..if you had the typical fuel line leakage that they all get then if anything you would be running leaner than normal from a droo on fuel volume...do you have a scan tool n van pull some o2 sensor data ?? Any other codes besides misfire on 2 And 4 ... how ...there's a enormous amount of possibilities that can cause your situation I. Without any type of data from o2 sensor MAF TPS knock etcetera we would be just doing the old shotgun theory of throwing up a bunch of random guess n hoping I be might be right n that's defiantly not what h want to do because it always ends badly with either rod knocks burned ringlands.heafgaskrts 99% of the time before u guess what actually was wrong....valve adjustment?? Leaking heaxgaskets in 2 and 4 .intake gaskss leaks cuasjng low vacuum n return chasing a rich condition. Stuck pcv valve n on m on n son non n on..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Drinkware Bottle Drink Gas Beer

So these are what the spark plugs look like and it was running richer than what I was supposed to do to the tune before. I guess. I did a compression test and all cylinders were at a steady 110
Land vehicle Watch Gauge Motor vehicle Vehicle

Bottle Drinkware Thumb Gas Nail

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if it could be an electrical thing either. But I had an O2 sensor that said something about a slow response? And then the exhaust gas sensors out along with the fuel gauge says high circuit? And I know the fuel gauge won't always tell me how much gas is in the car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts