Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So back story real quick, just bought the car as is about a month ago. everything seemed fine the first couple weeks... then noticed under constant throttle (intermittently) it would feel as though I let off the gas pedal or would bog down losing power... when I push the throttle it just goes dead with no response. like feels like I'm not even pushing the pedal at all... :unsure: I have the cobb air intake with the Invidia (looks like cat back) quad tip along with it tuned to the cobb 93 stage 1 + Big SF (all done previously before I purchased the car). when I'm watching the gauges on the AccessPort, the fine knock and the DAM don't leave 0 at any point while driving and the AFR goes from 14.5 to 20 and doesn't move (when its acting up with no throttle response). I'm new to the AccessPort scene and don't know what any solutions to this problem would be. The car actually just got stuck doing this with no pedal response and died out on me while driving. Tired starting it up, and felt like it would get stuck at 1000-1500 rpms with no rev even when I pushed petal to the floor repeatedly. Took about 5 tries to actually start back up like normal.

I brought it to Subaru to have their tech look at it, and they gave me the traditional "You have a tune cant help you" but sounds like an ECU Problem... I've NEVER heard of an ECU problem before and their "Remedy" was to replace the ecu and tune it back to stock for $1300

So kind of a shot in the dark trying to hop on these forums and hopefully someone has dealt with this before and knows of a remedy!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts