Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firdt of all, im still new to the forums and having difficulties navigating the forums, wo i hope this is the right place to ask, but I have looked and looked for a triple gauge pod for the A-pillar in the 04 WRX wagon. But every one that I find says they dont fit wagon. Does anyone have a recommendation on one? I only plan to run oil temp and vacuum/boost at first, but may want to eventually add a third. Which is really the only reason i am looking.

·
Registered
291 Posts
A bit late but, you are correct the wagon doesn't have the selection that sedans do. There's one company who does, can't remember who but do a google search for 'wrx wagon pillar gauge pod' and if you don't find it try adding the year. Your best best is going to be getting a universal triple pillar pod and a heat gun (use leather gloves) and mold it to the right shape. Custom pods normally look better too, you can search 'diy pillar gauge pod' and see all the creative ways they're done. I even used cans mounted to the dash for the bling factor, yes I have a bigeye wagon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You might check the dimensions of the sedan version... it is likely that it is just a tiny bit too small for the wagon pillar. With any luck you could install and hide the gap with trim..?

I had a sedan windshield mistakenly installed in my wagon. Had to run it that way for a week while they ordered in the right one. It had a small gap at the bottom that they filled with silicone as a temp fix. Otherwise it fit.

I'm only guessing, but the pillar is likely similar..?

·
Registered
291 Posts
The sedan/wagon pillars are all very different, that's why the OEM rain guards won't work on the other w/out hitting the windows when you open the door. The angles are about 4* off at every angle so it won't fit at the top/bottom w/out trimming/heat. Universal/mods or find the rare wagon version.

Reactions: daddy4count
1 - 4 of 4 Posts