Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, 2 days ago my DAM dropped from 1 to .812, but I researched and people said it was probably because of bad gas. So yesterday I filled up on gas because I had to burn through a lot the previous day, then on my way home from the gas station when I accelerated while using boost my fine knock learn started to spike to .35, I’m not sure what this means but I know that I could physically feel the car leaping forward trying to take away or add knock. It felt like when you downshift but let the clutch out at too high of rpms and the car leaps forward while the rpms correct themselves, if that makes any sense at all. Please let me know what may be happening and what I can do because it feels like I’m messing up my car while driving in this condition.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello, 2 days ago my DAM dropped from 1 to .812, but I researched and people said it was probably because of bad gas. So yesterday I filled up on gas because I had to burn through a lot the previous day, then on my way home from the gas station when I accelerated while using boost my fine knock learn started to spike to .35, I’m not sure what this means but I know that I could physically feel the car leaping forward trying to take away or add knock. It felt like when you downshift but let the clutch out at too high of rpms and the car leaps forward while the rpms correct themselves, if that makes any sense at all. Please let me know what may be happening and what I can do because it feels like I’m messing up my car while driving in this condition.
And also does anyone know if it is safe to drive on if I don’t go to hard because it’s my daily.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I assume you have had the tune for a while and this is the first time this has happened?? Are you filling up at the same station you tuned on? Best advise I can give you is to contact your tuner. Send him a log and see what’s going on.

you didn’t give any specs on the cars. If it’s an FA throw a gallon of E85 in the tank and see if that brings your dam back to 1 after a little time for the E85 to mix. If it does than it’s definitely fuel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
When was the last time you changed your spark plugs and or cleaned/replaced your air filter? Is there a whistling noise (not blow off/recitric sound) could be a boost leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts