Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes your favorite parts? Blitz? Cobbs? MRT? HKS? TurboXS?

Name them here and tell us which of their parts you have installed on your car. Which ended up showing you the best results?

·
Registered
44 Posts
STI for just about everything they make
Cusco for suspension (but will take STI stuff in a pinch)
Forge for great looking polished aluminum pieces that nobody really needs for their car
Samco hoses
Prodrive if I could actually afford anything that they make
TurboXS for any serious power generating mods

Dale (did I mention that I like STI?)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I only have TurboXS Stuff on my car now for power producing mods. I think that this is the way that I'm going to keep it as well. I'm awaiting the release of their FMIC, supposedly supposed to be out after SEMA this weekend. That will be my next mod, plus a remapped unichip to go along with the FMIC. I am currently running their Stage 4 kit, with the Unichip.....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Seems like all the parts I drool over are Sti and Prodrive, although I wouldn't mind some TurboXS and Vishnu parts...;) Seems like they put a lot of R&D into their products.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I like Cobb since they have an extensive line. I would love to have a 2.5 liter block with upgraded heads to boot. I could make those boys rich if I had a thick enough wallet. For mild tuning, I like the products that Scoobysport sells.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hmmm, well I like hks, and greddy. since most of my former car's had them I stuck to what I know. These companies are well known, and like my buddy say's stick with greddy or hks, because the stuff works, and it always fits.

·
Registered
68 Posts
STI BLITZ TXS!!

I have the STI strut bars of course to stiffen up the chassis !Thumbs Up

Blitz takes care of the fmic, dtt, intake, and the exhaust...cant forget the rims!!!! Gauges are on the way.... !Thumbs Up

TXS is taking care of the BOV and Soon the UTEC! !Thumbs Up

:D

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Cobb is nice, but they don't make all of their own stuff. Their cat-back is made by Stromung. Not sure on their downpipe.

When it comes to the WRX, however, you have to stick with companies that specialize in them. Greddy, Blitz, HKS, and others make decent stuff, but many of their WRX parts are inferior to other manufacturers.

As for my preference, it's whatever I can get a good deal on....

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm a fan of Perrin personally. Everything they have is balls to the walls expensive, which blows, except for their short shifter, which is really good. Greddy has always done me well, as has HKS. Turbo XS doesn't really make me go crazy. They have a cool TMIC. The Unichip would probably not be my first choice of ECU, but it's cool nonetheless. Nothing of theirs really impresses me i guess. I can get it all elsewhere. Cobb tuning is terrible. Their stuff usually doesn't do too well over time. And it doesn't give you maximum performance anyway.

STI blows my socks off. Especially their prices. But still.

·
Registered
148 Posts
trenton said:
Turbo XS doesn't really make me go crazy. They have a cool TMIC. The Unichip would probably not be my first choice of ECU, but it's cool nonetheless. Nothing of theirs really impresses me i guess. I can get it all elsewhere.
The unichip?:rolleyes: Do you mean Utec? What better engine management will you get elseware for the price and availability for assistance (tons of people running it; starter maps (wrxhackers); etc)??? I don't feel that there are many companies that out-do txs in the WRX circle. However, I do agree that Perrin makes nice stuff!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Tein for and Cusco for suspension.
STI, SPT, Greddy, and Prodrive for power.
Momo for interior.
At least thats what i want for my car after some research.
I also like TXS for add. power.

·
Registered
240 Posts
lol, well last time i checked these companys do make exhausts, intakes, even turbo's not all of them make all these but these things do make power. Damn, just puttin in my opinion on what i like, thats what this thread was, not people disagreeing with other ppl. Maybe i should just go out and get and get some real power adders like some APC taillights or some decals right? Lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts