Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Has anyone tried this trick yet? It seems to work on my car. Got it from i-club....there is a gray hose that is connected to a black hose close to the turbo....disconnect the hoses leaving the connecter in the gray hose...seems to give it more boost....judging by my factory boost gauge.....but the boost comes on even at part throttle....this is probably not good....tell me what you guys think
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did the same thing. i took the car on the highway and was taking off when suddenly the car bucked and the check engine light came on. Seems like the turbo is being pushed too much. Funny i found this because it happend to me just 1 hour ago

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
extra boost.

i did the same mod and been speaking to people about it. It's not good. My check engine light came on and the fuel cut off kicked at higher rpms. you can changr the coupler between the grey and black hose and put a 3/16' coupler. The turbo is available under 2,000 rpm and the boost does'nt get to high where the fuel cut off will kick in.

there is info about it here www.boostmonkey.com. click on install.

·
Registered
4 Posts
What you fellas are experiencing is known as fuel cut...not a good thing and will cause things to break by overheating many internals...put the hose back on or get a MBC

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just experienced fuel cut off for 1st time now only 1/2 boost.

wtf?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts