Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m engine swapping my wrx with an sti. ej205 to ej207 and it’s in and plugged in and runs but when I plug the mass air flow in the car dies. I’m still using the stock ecu for the wrx as well as O2 sensor. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1 Posts
have you cleaned the MAF by chance? If so what did you use? Some say brake cleaner is an acceptable cleaning agent...i don't exactly disagree, but if you can get a cheapo airbrush from anywhere u can use denatured alcohol. It leaves no residue behind at all and in my experience, residue=ruined instead of cleaned sensor. Yes..j know they have an aresol MAFS specific cleaner at any parts store, but, my cheap self..i need that couple dollars you can save. I don't know if there's any pull it yourself yards where you are but if there were one, I'd stop in see if I could find another MAF and spray it out with good cleaner and try it again..worst case your only out a few bucks and most salvage yards ive been to the last say...25+ years of working on and building pretty much every vehicle I've ever owned..you can just take the sensor back and get credit towards something else on the yard that catches your eye. Having said all that ive never owned nor even driven a Subaru before 4 days ago. I finally got the car ive wanted since oe blew the doors off the 327 sbc s-10 blazer my boy and i built close to 10 yrs now. 2002 wrxIMPREZA T 4DR 5spd. Love this car man.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts