Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please someone help!! I have a 2013 WRX Premium Sedan with 116k miles. The engine just went out about a month ago and my car is one of the models included in the lawsuit that Subaru had with the ej25's failing prematurely because of contaminated oil and lack of bearing lubrication. I am a State Inspector and know how to work on cars but because of the pandemic i was laid off due to lack of work. So now i cant use the shop to work on it due to insurance reasons so i took it to a local Subaru dealer and they said it would be $10k to repair. I contacted Subaru of America and they said they could only give $1500 towards the repairs. I cant afford to have the dealer fix it so i was looking for used engines and i came across a jdm ej205 and the guy said it would swap right into my car no problem. I know its going to have less power but i dont care about that right now i just want my car back. Is that engine able to be swapped into my 2013 WRX without issues? The ej205 DOES have avcs and it has the wiring harness and everything with it. I just need to know if its actually going to hook right up to my car without issues. someone please help and get back to me asap

thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and one more thing... i can get a jdm ej255 from the guy but i dont wanna have the same issue and have that engine also fail on me because i would be pissed lol. Im going to be doing the swap myself at a friends house who has a lift and hoist and everything so im not gonna worry about having the dealer do it and have to pay for labor when im completely capable of swapping myself as long as it hooks right up

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
I have the same car and paid a local mechanic to replace the short block with a new factory ej255 about a year ago. It was just about $10K but I did get a whole new clutch assembly, water pump, timing set, phasers and resurfaced heads. I did not know about the lawsuit... can you post some information or a link about it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same car and paid a local mechanic to replace the short block with a new factory ej255 about a year ago. It was just about $10K but I did get a whole new clutch assembly, water pump, timing set, phasers and resurfaced heads. I did not know about the lawsuit... can you post some information or a link about it?

Let me know if that works. If not, just google "Subaru WRX lawsuit" and you'll find all the info on it. I have never heard about it but apparently it was a huge lawsuit that lasted years. Hope that helps!!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Thanks for the information. I contacted Subaru and after a week of review, they denied my claim because I did not file it by the deadline of 5/22/19. I purchased the car used from a company that has a Subaru dealer and never received notification of the lawsuit or settlement. Purchased it in December of 18 with 82K and it died in February of 19 with 84K. Does anyone have advice or experience with an appeal?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts