Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any ffedback on drive trough car washes? My car is filthy dirty and with this cold weather in Connecticut I have no ambition to go out and wash my car. I have a black car and a bit scared to take it though a car wash.... you think it be safe?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I never run my car through a car wash or use their foam brushes for that matter, always hand wash it. Just go spray off all the nasty salt from your paint, you dont have to detail it, but it's probably better not to let the salt sit on your paint for long periods of time.

·
Premium Member
4,481 Posts
Always run it thru a touchless car wash. Many advertise it as just that. My only gripe is although they get them clean, if I run my finger across the car, there usually a light film still on the car.

·
Registered
142 Posts
danjc18 said:
Anyone have any ffedback on drive trough car washes? My car is filthy dirty and with this cold weather in Connecticut I have no ambition to go out and wash my car. I have a black car and a bit scared to take it though a car wash.... you think it be safe?
Aside from what everyone says, I really like the Connecticut Car Care in Milford behind the Taco Bell. I don't really like the Touchless ones because yes, they usually leave a light film and you have to towel dry it 99% of the time...even if they have jets to "dry" them.

Then, if I don't go there, I wash it myself.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i washed my car today in 28 degree weather...i also drive an 05 black wrx, everytime i have been to the car wash i discover a new scratch either frum the wash itself or the people that towel dry it...honestly its just better to do it urself not just to prevent scratches but it always comes out better, it jus sucks in the cold cause you cant use the hose lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Where I live (lower Alabama) the car wash of choice among the tuner crowd has an option of handwash for an extra 10 bucks, it's just an old Big/Little gas station with a manned carwash but the owner is a tuner and they run a fresh bucket of soap and hot water for each car that requests it. Sure, the people that do it probably aren't legal residents but they don't mind you watching the entire process and learn your car/name if you give a nominal tip. Once after I told them it was ok to use the stereo I found one under the hood with a toothbrush spiffing the engine because he remembered my car and liked the song that was playing. !Thumbs Up Wish that kind of service was available everywhere. I usually pay about 40 bucks for the service but IMO it's worth it, they make parts of my car shine that I couldn't reach with out a personal yoga instructor. I'll do it myself usually but every couple months I give it to them for a thorough cleaning.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I always take my car through a touchless car wash in the winter. I dont know what is over there... I am clear in Washington, but I always go through the 76 car wash... it doesn't scratch at all and actually does a really awesome job :)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I live in Louisiana, we have only had one day without some form of precipitation(like an entire 24 hour stretch) this year, so it is a bitch to keep my car clean, and it is never dry out long enough to wax it, so needless to say, in spring I will probably be needing to use a clay bar....

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
If you want I'll let you know when I'm at work on the weekend and you can come by and wash your car. It's indoors and I can put a quick wax job on it too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where I live (lower Alabama) the car wash of choice among the tuner crowd has an option of handwash for an extra 10 bucks, it's just an old Big/Little gas station with a manned carwash but the owner is a tuner and they run a fresh bucket of soap and hot water for each car that requests it. Sure, the people that do it probably aren't legal residents but they don't mind you watching the entire process and learn your car/name if you give a nominal tip. Once after I told them it was ok to use the stereo I found one under the hood with a toothbrush spiffing the engine because he remembered my car and liked the song that was playing. !Thumbs Up Wish that kind of service was available everywhere. I usually pay about 40 bucks for the service but IMO it's worth it, they make parts of my car shine that I couldn't reach with out a personal yoga instructor auto detailing bethesda md. I'll do it myself usually but every couple months I give it to them for a thorough cleaning.
:confused: Well i just bout my car this Saturday, And the dealer gave me a months pass(AND SAYS I CAN GO EVERYDAY THAT MONTH TO WASH IT!) to a Detail shop CaLLed "Misters" detail anyone hear of it? And since its one of them drive through washes Yall think is cool that i take it in? I heard them drive through washes scratch up the paint is that true?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts