Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I have recently bought a '08 WRX hatchback. I wanted to make it look a bit more sporty so I started changing details on the car. I've seen some pictures of STI's with the big rear wing and it looks awesome! So I looked for one to buy and I found one on Ebay. I can't post a link in the description because I'm new here, but I'm talking about the one looking like a bench.

So my question is simple:
Will the STI wing fit on my WRX ?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Indeed it will! Even with a Parrin riser kit.
Will you get shit about it? Yes! Should you care? Nope!
Just remember, a lot of people bitch about sti parts on wrx while accepting "carbon fiber look" vinyl.
Post pix.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
yeah,

There are lots of guys who dont like the idea of STi parts on a WRX, unless they are STi brembos or wheels which people love. I think the big NoNo is really the STi badge on the tail. As long as you dont have the STi logo you'll be ok.

Also most of the aesthetic STi parts will fit just fine.

·
Registered
291 Posts
If you build a STi powertrain and swap it in, that warrants the STi badge...so what if the VIN doesn't read it that way. If my build wrx w/ STi powertrain keeps up/walks your "real" STi...who has an STi?

Did I say STi enough? XD

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Yeah If you have an STi drive train and you dont like being underestimated then go ahead and throw and STi badge on it.

Just know that most people will look at your car the same way as they look at AE86 with an STi sticker :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you for the assistance guys! I personally don't really approve the idea of having STi parts/stickers on a non-STi Impreza, but I fell in love with this rear wing and it's a must have for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts