Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a greddy mbc today and hit the fuel cut off pretty hard pulling up a steep hill. The CEL flashed a few times then stayed on, so when I got home (within minutes) I disconnected the battery for awhile, reconnected it and connected the green plugs under the dash cycyled the key on and my fans did the cycling, turned keyoff and disconnected plugs. Now when I went back out to see if all was well I turned the mbc way down and started turning it back up slowls and got up to 1/2 bar(roughly 7psi) but thats as high as it will go. I drove around for 15 or so miles and stil the max boost was 0.51 bar. Could I have blown the turbo or something? My CEL never came back and no smoking, grinding noise or anything unusual, just no boost.

Anyone else heard of this?:confused:

ps- when I hit fuel cut off my peak boost showed 1.29 bar
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
left battery disc all night=ful boosty boosty

thanks to Phast.......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
its possible you could have done internal damage, but it sounds like you may have wiped a sparkplug out from it. i have melted mine in two cylinders before but still had over 10psi all the way home (30 miles).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks

goin in for warranty work tomorrow we shall see!!!Thumbs Up
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top