Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with any experince with the Denso Iridium Spark plugs?? Advertising as follows:

Denso Iridium Spark Plugs Blow every other Spark Plug on the Market Away. These Plugs are Used By 95% of All Import Racers in the Street Compact Car Class, Outlaw Class, Quick 8, Quick 16, and ALL Motor Class.

These Plugs will make more power on virtually any engine, regardless of condition. Denso themselves dyno'd a Civic 1.8 L Race Engine, and managed to Massage 59 more HP from Switching from Platinum to Iridium Plugs. How Much Will You Get? Probably not anywhere near 59HP, But you will get an honest 5-10 HP on Non Turbo Engines, and 10-25 on Turbo and Twin Turbo Engines.

any feedback about these??:confused:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally i find it hard to believe that a spark plug would produce that much more power, but who am i to say that it doesn't. Of course the company who makes the product is going to say that it produces tons of hp because they want people to buy it. What does everyone else think about it?

·
Registered
57 Posts
colowrx said:
a Civic 1.8 L Race Engine, and managed to Massage 59 more HP from Switching from Platinum to Iridium Plugs.

What they didn't say was that the platinum plugs didn't have a gap. with absolutely no spark, the Honda made Zero HP, and with the fantastic new Iridium sparkplugs (conveniently with a gap), it could churn out an entire 59. that's probably where they got it.:D :p

My apologies to all Honda dudes and dudettes...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had some Densos...... for about a week.

They were removed because I had 3 fried coilpacks. Thank god my dealer was cool and claimed is under warranty. I am not saying that the Denso's caused the coil packs to go bad, but who knows.

My.02, stick with the stock plugs. They are NGK's, so they are amazing plugs.

·
Registered
55 Posts
smack talk

Unlike some posters (posers?) on this thread, I'm actually running these things. They are expensive, and their main benfit seems to be longer service life. Replacing the plugs in the WRX is a royal PIA, so the irridiums service life will save me some time spent hunched over and groveling in the bowels of the heads. The Denso box claims that they produce about .5% more power and 2% better mileage - hardly measurable except under track conditions. I really want yellow plug wires so that I have major parking lot cred...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
but..i do have them. i got one heat range colder...cause when all is working correctly...i am running pretty high levels of boost...and i like to keep detonation to a min.

i like them..but highly doubt the aforementioned claims of 50+hp....

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Re: Re: Denso Iridium Plugs

TexRex2002 said:

What they didn't say was that the platinum plugs didn't have a gap. with absolutely no spark, the Honda made Zero HP, and with the fantastic new Iridium sparkplugs (conveniently with a gap), it could churn out an entire 59. that's probably where they got it.:D :p

My apologies to all Honda dudes and dudettes...
Not to sound like I'm flaming you, but did you even think about what you just typed? How can a car make 0 HP on a dyno? And unless it was a POS that civic would make much more than 59 HP on any type of plugs.

There is a very good possibility that their claim was correct. If they were running one step colder plugs, then the plugs are drawing heat out and away from the cylinders, which would enable them to run more aggressive timing and so on and so forth.

I am running Iridiums, however I can't comment on how much power they have given me, nor whether or not I noticed any difference, as they were installed along with my Stage IV system. I have had my Stage IV for almost a year now, and have never had an coil problems.

Blue

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys I'm wondering if anyone can please tell me if they've used these and if they'r ok to use ?

Tri-Power Iridium Spark Plugs for Subaru Forester SG9 SH9 Impreza GD GG GH WRX

Content : 4 x Iridium Spark Plugs

Brand : Tri-Power

Type : Iridium

Factory Set Gap : 0.8
Tri-Power iridium Spark plugs are manufactured and tested to the highest OEM approved quality standards. Iridium has better wear resistance and service yield due to the higher melting point and offers a greater resilience to oxidation compared to standard or platinum plugs. The use of precious metals decreases the electrode size which in turn, increases the service life.
Feature:
2 YEARS WARRANTY​
  • Ultra fine 0.6mm diameter,iridium alloy centre electrode for high performance and a platinum tip is used for the ground electrode
  • High strength insulator
  • Built in high reliability resistor
  • Plated with corrosion resistance nickel
  • Improved mileage
  • Improved acceleration
  • Excellent durability

1 - 11 of 11 Posts