Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2004 jdm wrx wagon (ej205) a few months ago and noticed that my coolant in my expansion tank was very low. When I took the radiator cap off the coolant was at max. Is this possibly a thermostat issue? The engine temp also skyrockets when I turn on my ac in slow moving traffic but hasn’t overheated yet when driving normal speeds. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is most likely because the coolant level may typically rise by a few percent as the fluid expands thermally. But it must not cross the top mark on the tank. Also, the system depressurization, and as a consequence, the antifreeze boils, and its level rises in the tank. It is recommended to check the tank lid, the tank itself, and all the hoses and pipes. Carefully inspect the place where your car was parked for a long time. You may find traces of a leak there. If the leak is not under the hood but in the heater area, there will be a noticeable smell in the cabin. In extreme cases, stains may appear under the dashboard. I would advise you to consult What Type of Antifreeze and Coolant for Cars. How Much yourself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts