Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this 2002 wrx on pretty bad condition I'm pretty sure the owner before me was going crazy with it but I have replaced the transmission (it's and auto btw) and I put in a short ram intake from perrin other than that I'm not sure what's done to the car but I wanted to install a Cobb accessport so I could put a stage 1 ots tune but when I opened my access port it says that if I install it over anything other than oem or another Cobb tune it can mess up. I'm not sure what kind of tune the previous owner had on it. What should I do? Anyone know how to go back to the oem tune?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before doing anything with the tune you really need to make sure you know what’s not OEM. If the thing has pink STI injectors, for example, running a WRX stage 1 OTS your fueling will be way out of Wack.. Without knowing what’s all done to the car get a pro tune. It can easily run like crap or blow up.. It’s been so long time since I did my access port that I can’t remember what default warnings it displays. But if the car was previously tuned you need to make sure you know what’s what with the car before you throw an off the shelf map on it

1 - 2 of 2 Posts