Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago on my 2002 wrx sedan. I bought a motor for it and swapped it in. It's an ej205 but the JDM one so it comes with AVCS (basically vtec but for subarus).
The motor came with the ecu so I though I would use it so that I could have the avcs. The problem is when I got the motor and ecu all hooked up I have a cel light for the camshaft positioning sensors. It doesnt make sense to me because I am using the ecu for the engine. Could it be a engine harness to body harness problem? I am also using the JDM engine harness so the sensors have plugs. But I am not using the JDM bay harness. Also the car is supper laggy and slow. I do not hit boost till 4k and I do not hit peak boost till 5k. I have a turbo back exhaust a turbo smart bov, and thats about it when it comes to engine mods. I checked for boost leaks and exhaust leaks, but no leaks to be found. If anyone that has any knowledge when it comes to this swap or advanced knowledge when it comes to Subarus and would like to help I would much appreciate it.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts