Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm wondering if the parking lights (c lights) can be used for the drl's and the drl's disabled? Or do i need to disable the drl's, then put aftermarket c lights in?
Thanks 馃榿

Registered
You could disable the DRLs if you want and only run the C lights but im not sure why anyone would make that choice.

I get wanting things to be custom but the factory always on lighting seems to be the norm now because it actually effects your likelihood of getting in a wreck.

I know it's not the answer you want but I hope it helps none the less.

Cabn I ask you why you want to disable the factory DRL? If you dont like the color or the way it matches with the headlights or the C lights there are loads of companies that make color matched LEDs to replace the C lights and they can be matched to just about any temp headlight you choose to run.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I want to disable them because i like having the choice of being able to have the lights in general on or off. Every car I've owned has given me this option, the newest one being a 2009. I realize that new cars today are very different and have many more applications that are computerized.
I do agree with the accident point. In NYS, if it's rainy, your head lights have to be on and i find i tend to follow the rules more now than in my 20's.
I guess it's mostly personal preference. I love the look of the boomerangs. They're sexy

Registered
You can get a harness for the c-lights to run them as a replacement for the factory DRLs. That's how I did mine, and the c-lights are plenty bright enough to replace the factory DRLs IMO. I also have LED high and low beams, so leaving the factory DRLs hooked up would be blinding people (my high beam LEDs aren't dimmable).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts