Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
also not too long after I installed cobb the pos check engine light came on, I forgot the code but it was the 1st bank lean which Im guessing is the a/f sensor

·
Registered
2 Posts
EJ207. EJ207. EJ207. If you plan on doing something serious like going stage 4 on your EJ205, you reeally might want to look into EJ207s instead, youll probably spend about the same and get all the glory of the EJ207. Make your dream engine an EJ207 Spec C.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
EJ207. EJ207. EJ207. If you plan on doing something serious like going stage 4 on your EJ205, you reeally might want to look into EJ207s instead, youll probably spend about the same and get all the glory of the EJ207. Make your dream engine an EJ207 Spec C.
ive never even heard of that

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Easier said then done. 207 is a JDM sti engine and you need to swap out the ECU and wiring harness. It'd be a project and a half.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Thats what i was planning on doing...but I found its way cheaper to sleeve the EJ205 which makes the block stronger anyway

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Will the stock 2.5 shortblock support 400whp without throwing a rod thru the block? All I want is 400hp like my srt4 did and i'll be happier then a tornado in a trailer park

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
If you go with the STI shortblock its best to go ahead and do all that since the engine will be apart anyways. And with the right parts and proper maintenance you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
6,493 Posts
What is your budget then? Cause shooting for 400 HP is hell on the transmission and you will need a new and stronger one eventually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an 02 wrx with a 2.0 ej205 installed and it's going bad already.... Any ideas on what engine to get for a good built? What's good for high hp and torque... Anything would help.... List of parts for a complete built would be great.... Have money saved up but not sure on where to head as far as a built

·
Registered
218 Posts
You mean a replacement EJ205? Because thats what comes stock in our 02 wrx. If you want specific advice you gotta give specific questions. How much HP is high HP to you? Power goals dictate build neccessity...necessity? I cant spell, but Im real gooder with the talky words.

·
Registered
218 Posts
But also you can research everything youd possibly ever want to know if you already have some stuff in mind. What do you mean by "goibg badly already" Whats going on? Already as in its a new engine or alreadyas in you just got the car? Is it stock or modified? See what I mean about those pesky specifics?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I personally have a built 2.0 and have a reliable 425whp every day :D...if you want advise for a 2.0 build just PM me
Can't PM yet and trying to get as much information on the WRXs as I can.

Hello, saw your post about build advise on a 2.0 build. Any bit of information and tips will be greatly appreciated. 425AWHP is amazing, and maybe more than I need, but reliability is what I'm really after, and low budget. :)

E

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Hello, saw your post about build advise on a 2.0 build. Any bit of information and tips will be greatly appreciated. 425AWHP is amazing, and maybe more than I need, but reliability is what I'm really after, and low budget. :)

E
What are your goals? What platform do you have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looking at a 2.0 wrx. Strong daily driver with fun weekend motoring. Anything above 300awhp and less than 400 I’ll be more than happy with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

E
Looking at a 2.0 wrx. Strong daily driver with fun weekend motoring. Anything above 300awhp and less than 400 I’ll be more than happy with.

300 is doable all day everyday on a stock motor. Just be sure to keep up maintenance, if you have E85 readily available you should definitely explore running it as it will give another layer of failsafe.

To hit that number (on pump gas, E85 would bring you an extra 40-50hp) you would need something like this:
Turbo back exhaust
Catless up pipe
Injectors
Fuel Pump
Upgraded TMIC (Stock STI is good enough)
Small turbo upgrade (16-18G)
ECU TUNE

But as always with essentially doubling the factory power output I would also make sure the suspension and braking systems are in at least good shape before throwing power at it

·
Registered
5 Posts
300 is doable all day everyday on a stock motor. Just be sure to keep up maintenance, if you have E85 readily available you should definitely explore running it as it will give another layer of failsafe.

To hit that number (on pump gas, E85 would bring you an extra 40-50hp) you would need something like this:

Turbo back exhaust

Catless up pipe

Injectors

Fuel Pump

Upgraded TMIC (Stock STI is good enough)

Small turbo upgrade (16-18G)

ECU TUNE

But as always with essentially doubling the factory power output I would also make sure the suspension and braking systems are in at least good shape before throwing power at it

Sounds reasonable enough. I’ve played around with nefmoto tuning in my twin turbo V6 audi and seems the Subbies take similar changes. Just have to find the right platform. Still getting my feet wet but I think this will ultimately be a good thing. Have also looked at the hybrid setups and the torque down low is very attractive. Thanks B and Happy thanksgiving brother

21 - 40 of 40 Posts