Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just took delivery of my 2022 WRX a few days ago and when I drove it off the lot they did not tell me about the break-in time.... I found that out the next day... But in the first few hundred miles I actually accidentally hit the rev limiter twice.... Nothing obvious has changed with how the car runs, but I'm paranoid I did something very bad but half the articles online about break in Say drive it like you stole it asap.....what are your experiences with this topic???....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, the dealer also told me that these motors are bench broken in... Supposedly They run them for "100 miles" on the bench before they even put them in the car...... I don't know if that's true or not but that's what I was told.
I now have 900 miles on mine and everything seems great. I just got back from a 300 plus mile road trip that involved lots of winding roads from Eugene Oregon all the way down the coast almost to California and I actually verified that I got 27 mpg!!!! The car's computer said 28.5 but my math said 27...... And on the way back the car said over 30 a few times and by the end of the trip it said 29.8....when I fill it up here in a couple days I will let everyone know what the actual MPG was but I'm thinking it's probably going to be 28-29ish.... The only two hesitations I had about buying this car was reliability and MPG but it looks like things are going to work out in my favor so I'm super excited because this thing is a beast when you want it to be but completely tame when you don't :) :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No noticeable power gains yet....1st gear gets to redline QUICK. 6th is great.... With the broad torque curve you can drive in 6th at 40 mph+ with no downshifts...btw when should i do my first oil change?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts