Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an 02 wrx, i see this issue has been addressed but im not sure if the question has been completley answered. i put and after market bov on the car, i plugged the hose the was connected to the recirculating stock bov and the car idles like shit everytime i come to a stop, when i leave the hose unplugged it actually runs a little better but still notice a difference. Anythin i can adjust?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
sounds like your bov is leaking boost. tighten the spring up a bit and see if that helps.
dont go too tight though. do like 1/4 turn and check then do it again until you get it right.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
sounds like your bov is leaking boost. tighten the spring up a bit and see if that helps.
dont go too tight though. do like 1/4 turn and check then do it again until you get it right.
^^^That should fix the problem.

My car runs great with my HKS SSQV, no idling issues, nothing, runs the same as if I had my stock BPV. If you want to run an aftermarket BOV go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I plugged the recirculating hose, now im not hearing anthing out of my blow off valve once in awhile in high gears at high boost i'll hear a little flutter. I took apart the blow off valve to see if I could adjust it in any way but it doesn't look like theres anyway to tighten up the spring, anything else that can be adjusted?... and its an obx blow off valve bought from ebay

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
is the piston inside the blow off valve stuck? i would just put the stock one back on and dont connect the recirculating hose, plug it. Now you have a free BOV.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My car does the same thing if i unplug the stock bpv. It actually threw a check engine code, had to reset the comp. I just decided to hook it back up normal, I wanted to get the greddy type-s but decided not to just incase it did the same, would be a waste of money then.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
your problem is its an ebay valve. ebay is good for some things but a bov protects your turbo from compressor surge. if your not blowing off even at high boost your ####ing your turbo in the ass...

if your car runs bad with the stock bpv reset the ecu and if it still does make sure all your vacumn lines are connected to the right place. and make sure your ic pipes are all on and clamped down. you might have bumped one enough to cause it to leak.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
we arent here for your every beck and call man...

compressor surge will cause your turbos bearings to go out because the unvented boost is flowing back through the turbine causing it to spin backwards and that is bad.

·
Registered
64 Posts
my car runs fine with the bpv hooked up normal, it just when i change it to vent atmospheric. I think im gunna go with a 50/50 bov that wy i get the sound and still get the right a/f mixture!

·
Registered
8 Posts
your problem is its an ebay valve. ebay is good for some things but a bov protects your turbo from compressor surge. if your not blowing off even at high boost your ####ing your turbo in the ass...

if your car runs bad with the stock bpv reset the ecu and if it still does make sure all your vacumn lines are connected to the right place. and make sure your ic pipes are all on and clamped down. you might have bumped one enough to cause it to leak.

I don't think I need to read further to get a better suggestion. It's really not a good idea to trust your boost to Ebay items (ic's, strut bars, certain used/new items, perhaps). the bov sound is nice for some, but the end result is a rich air/fuel mixture, and if the spring weakens/cheapens, a slower car. boosting higher? after-market (genuine) bov should be considered, to hold the higher boost. yadda yadda :lol:...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Im having an issue and I hope someone can shine some light on it for me. My diverter valve was bad so I replaced it with an aftermarket. I got a turbosmart dual port 50/50. The problem I'm now having a day after installing it is high idle usually 3k then drops back down and sometimes goes back up over 2 k but then returns to normal. Any ideas what may be causing this?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts