Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new subie owner and I feel like I got a deal and handed a bunch of problems at the same time , I just bought a 2002 bugeye wagon for 1,200$ that's correct 1200$. I bought it knowing it had overheated and needed radiator fans replaced but I'm not sure where to go from here I wanna keep it and drive the wheel off of it , this is my dream car and I scored . I need some help diagnosising some issues and possibly might need a motor but I have no idea .

I started it and let it run for a while before I bought it and it didn't have any worrisome noises and or anything super obvious but I am not a mechanic by any means. I'm not sure whether it needs anything major but it does have 242000 miles and it needs love. I need some tips for making this a reliable fun and possible daily driver. Thank you all and I'm excited to be part of this community and learn more about this machine and I'm ready to drive the wheels off of it it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Take a look at fluids closely. Oil can tell you a lot, especially if its in radiator or water in crankcase. Reliability and safety issues like brakes, bearings, tires etc. If you can, get a mechanic or someone who can help read compression in the motor. (leak down test) That will tell you how pistons seal as well as the valves.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts