Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been awhile how’s everyone one been . Well motor is done on my wife’s 17 Wrx cvt coming back from a trip today 53xxx miles on it dealers getting a call tomorrow stock car under warranty fingers crossed hope they fix it . But thinking about my options they fix it no questions, buy a new motor, build it stage 2 block or something, or trade it in for a new car if they pay off the car , after looking up motors wondering now how hard would it be to Sti ej25 swap it I’m sure the cvt will have to go

·
Registered
17' WRX base
6 Posts
Dealer is fixing it . Placed an order on a 21 Sti
I have a 17 as well manual tho so im interested to hear what the fatal flaw that killed it was. You should keep updated when the dealer tears into it and starts to dig around. Also congrats on the 21 placed! I got an email from subaru a few days ago about the improvements this year and instantly wanted to go get one myself.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pick up the new car yesterday
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Was talking to the tech who is working on the old car . Cylinder 3 rod bearing he was showing me the block and I’m not to sure if fa20 is real bc I saw ej20a stamped on it not like it matters the Sti we way nicer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts