Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so I’m new to the forum and I appreciate anyone who replies to this thread, here is my story:
I’ve owned my car for about a year now, bought it with 90k and drove it for 15k, so I’m now at 114k miles. Car ran smooth, great.
I got gas (always premium) and drove it for a couple minutes home. Next time i started it, it ran horrible. Took out the spark plugs and noticed one of the plugs was smashed. I put a camera down the hole and noticed my piston looked mangled and in pieces.
So I’m rebuilding it. Definitely going to Have to get a new block, possibly more, but I hope I can salvage the cams/heads. Does anyone have any good ideas on what I should do? I want to add more power so I’ve been thinking of going for a bigger turbo setup, obviously I’ll get it tuned.
Any ideas on what kind of block/pistons/ anything else I need?

· Super Moderator
75 Posts
Look around for a donor car or a stock motor known to be in running condition and get to work. If you have the money to buy a short or long block, sure. Just think about what you’re getting into. About 12-15k for a full prep motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts