Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2011 wrx hatch has started to make a sound when on throttle around 3,500-4,000 rpm. it sounds like a blow off valve but only happens when I'm on throttle and actually driving, not stationary. It lasts for longer than a typical blow off valve though. My car is stock besides a cat back exhaust. It seems to go away when the engine is hot enough (after about 15 min of driving) which leads me to believe its a loose hose that expands and seals properly when the engine is hot enough. But I cannot see anything specific that looks loose or misplaces. the car seems to be performing as usual but i have been hesitant to push the car much. any ideas? thanks for any help!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Most likely the TMIC to Throttle Body hose. It's not easy to inspect both ends, especially at the TB. Maybe that's why you haven't found anything. Good chance it needs replacing. The stock design makes no sense to me and is bound to leak. Mine looked pretty bad.

All the best

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.