Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In minnesota, I see lotsa subarus here, i guess that is because of the large amounts of snow, and stuff ,( the main reason i have a Subaru ) I was just wondering about the amount of Subarus in other places?

·
Registered
2 Posts
man here in memphis tennesse there are none. i meant nadda zip zelch zero. i wish i could see a stock wrx, i owuld go nuts. i mean we don't even have the 2.5's around. most of what we have are some fake wanna be in cali ricers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
well we have 2.....but i dont see many except for the local shows on wednesdays.....usually about 6 then....but i dont see many....texas doesnt need awd much

·
Registered
194 Posts
I live in north Mississippi (about 60 miles south of Memphis) and there are none here. I've had my Rex a year now and have maybe seen 3 others on the road.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Here in the Bay area I see a good number of them, and more and more of them seem to be heavily modified. Yesterday I saw a blue wagon with an STi grill, Sti headlights, gold wheels (spinning so I couldn't tell what kind :) ),... etc.

Of course being the silicon valley, I still see WAY more Boxters and 3 series BMWs :rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In Minnesota, I have only seen one WRX, and it was owned by a rich highschool student ( so of course it was heavily modified ). Mainly I see Outbacks, and Legacy Wagons. I have only seen one or two Imprezas tho

·
Registered
3 Posts
About 4-6 people have modded WRX's around here in the Upstate of South Carolina. One kid moved...he had a nice one. I sold him a set of Bronze Gramlites when they were 1st released. All in all i say they arent common here but they are seen.

I just need to see one in the driveway

·
Registered
252 Posts
There aren't too many here in atlanta. I see WRX's maybe a couple of times a week. The other subarus you see more often but still it's like never when compared to how often you see civics or tauruses. Most WRX's I see are at the autoX and most of them are modded. I found that unless someone is into cars they have no idea what my car is. (It's debadged except for the IMPREZA and the WRX badges)

·
Registered
16 Posts
A decent amount here, but mainly GC8 bodies. The additional weight of the new body hasn't gone over well (and the bugeye syndrome). The champagne color seems to be the most popular of the older style- looks great with gunmetal wheels.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In New Zealand here every 10th car you see is a performance car(*** import) And you can bet your bottom dollar theres a SUBARU up in there,the roar is to much to miss as it goes by ya!
Were quite lucky down here to have them see them and hear them fly by everyday.countless numbers..

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm out in Colorado and WRXs and Subarus in general seem to be everywhere! This is definitely a great state for them...lots of snow, lots of fun winding roads in the mountains...you get the idea. I went down to Phoenix for Thanksgiving though and the entire trip, I think I saw 1 WRX and only a small handful of Subarus. I think it definitely is all about where you live...

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
There are plenty of Outbacks, Forresters, and stuff like that (not to mention about 300 early 90's GL wagons, all that strange blue color). There's even a SVX (I think that's what they were called) running around here.

But as for WRX's, aside from mine, there are two more that I have seen. One driven by a girl that looks like she's in high school, and one driven by a 40's age man - both stock from what I can tell.

That's the one of the reasons I got my WRX. I wanted something I could work on, and I'm tired of Corvettes and Camaros (I've had 12 so far). Of course the obvious choice would have been a Honda, but I knew I wanted something with a turbo anyways, so I looked at a WRX. My first test drive was in the rain, and the AWD sold me. I still haven't tried it in the snow - I still have a 4x4 Blazer for that.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
41 Posts
I live in Florida. around where i live there are 2 WRX's mine and this one other kid. but thats only where i live. recently they have been starting to show up because of the filming of Fast & the Furious 2 here in Miami but the ones that have been going to the film site are mid to hi mod. i jus got my WRX two weeks ago so i'm still stock and not trying to get worked by anyone yet so i'm not trying to be there. but i'm going to go with my friend in his turbo eclipse. i mostly want to go because they blocked off a 6 mile stretch on the 575 and are letting people pretty much street race legally!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Central Florida

Im in central florida, there are starting to be a lot of them around here. I dont see one every day but atleast every 3-4 days ill see a new one around. We have a lot of subee meets here. Lots of fun..

:D frederick:mad:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Down here in Puerto Rico, it really depends on where you live. Where I live, I belive im the only one with an impreza WRX (maybe one more car around). But, at my college (like 50 miles out) there are several imprezas, but im still the only WRX. Lot's of subys for the mountains and the beaches (and several dirt roads once in a while). The most WRX's (highly modified) I've seen was at a race track meeting where there where atleast 20 WRX's. So yeah "it depends on where you live".

·
Registered
28 Posts
We have an Isuzu/Subaru plant in West Lafayette Indiana. I see plenty of Subarus where I live since we have 2 dealerships in our town.

·
Registered
1 Posts
WRX Sightings

I lived in Truckee, CA for six months, and now Reno, NV. Anywhere up and down the Lake Tahoe area and Sierra Nevada, you don't go outside without seeing Subarus. Reno is not far from the CA border and going west in the winter means going over mountain passes. I see one or two SVX's in any given week, let alone WRX's. Make's it easy to scope out mods and compare notes. Really make's for many a glorious scene at the busier intersections though as all breeds of other imports are left on the line behind a variety of WRX's. Plus, empty desert in three directions makes it easy to test top speed, and dirt roads all over if you wanna rally cross it, incase you were interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
hey well iam in Lewisville TX and they are about three only two actually race and that's about it but they are kind of rare.:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow dude. Wher in MN do you live?

I live in Rosemount and work in bloomington. I would say that i see a WRX almost every other day!!!

They are all over. Funny thing though is that it is typically chics driving them. I still know that i will get one when the new front ends come out......

·
Registered
3 Posts
In Detroit we see a good number of WRX's as some people here have been driving Subi's for a long time(snow and all that) but there are still the "BUY US CARS" guys(even though no cars are realy made in the US anymore) because I mean it is Detroit afterall. thats cool I love smoking heavy ass V8's all day long :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts