Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Stationed in Muskegon

Hey guys,

I'm from WV, but my company has me on a project in Muskegon, MI for at least 6 months.

Just wondering if there are any reputable tuning shops around? I have a Turbo XS turboback as well as some headers and an an uppipe, but I don't have time or space (in an apt. for the duration) to do the work. So I was hoping I could have someone install that isn't going to give me crap about the lack of cats in the system.

TIA for any leads.

-Karl

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im in the southeastern MI area. I live in Clarkston but im close to auburn hills and what not. Sorry i dont know of any good shops.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm in Southeastern Michigan also (St. Clair Shores). Sorry we can't help.

FYI, from what I've been told if your cat. fails it's legal for a shop to replace it with a straight though pipe??? Never tries myself though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I forgot about OAKOS, their in Sterling Heights. I don't know much about them. I think i'm going to stop by there sometime. Anybody know anything about them? Do they tune/ have a dyno? i know they carry parts.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yep, that's about all I know too. I work about 3 miles from them and have been meaning to stop by for a while....Now that I know others are interested I'll definetely check them out. I'm heading to Arizona this week so maybe in 2 weeks or so I can let you know what they have.

If you find out before me I'd like to hear about it also.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been back from Arizona for about a week and a half, but man I've been so busy. I didn't really expect to be this busy when I got back.

I hope to make it out to Oakos next week some time.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Dearborn Heights. There is a Subie meet an the Buffalo Wild Wings in Novi every Tuesday. I would definatly be down to meet up with everyone!Thumbs Up

·
Registered
12 Posts
All Speed Performance in Muskegon MI

I decided to take my exhaust parts and TMIC to All Speed on Hackley Ave in Muskegon MI:

http://www.allspeedperformance.com/

I'm pleased with the installation and they helped me out when one of the parts came loose. I'm also working with them on an LM-1 Wideband AFR. They ordered and installed the AFR for me and now we're going for the inductive RPM sensor so I match up the logs with what the UTEC spits out. Then the tuning fun begins.

Anyway, my contact there has been Brian. They also have a total 2.5 build that they did on a bug eye wagon on their web site:

http://allspeedperformance.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=15

When I need more HP and my 86K mile 2.0 gets tired, I'll probably go that route.

-Karl

·
Registered
53 Posts
I went to the Oakos building in Sterling Heights, but the door was locked and it didn't look like any one was there. Maybe that building is more like a warehouse or something.

All speed in Muskegon is good to know though. Thanks for the reference....I 'll check out their website, but do you know if they will install PPG gearset. I'm nowhere ready to get it but should the unfortunate situation arise that my trans goes out, That's what I'm going to do.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hey, another Michigander here.....Battle Creek, Stacy, I think I've seen u around. Does anybody here go to Martin speedway? Now it's called Knoll Gas Motor Sports Park.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Hey, another Michigander here.....Battle Creek, Stacy, I think I've seen u around. Does anybody here go to Martin speedway? Now it's called Knoll Gas Motor Sports Park.

Howdy BC_Girl. They've changed names so many times there...lol. Used to be Martin Dragway, then US131 Motorsports Park, now... What you said...lol.

I've been there in my old bugeye, but not with the new car. you say you have an 04' is it blue with aftermarket wheels on it? I saw Henkels had a blue one for sale a while back. It was blue and in pretty good shap, I looked at buying it before I bought my 07'.

Anyways, hit me up on here or on WRXModders.

Take care.

·
Registered
117 Posts
No, it's silver, stock rims :( Working on building up my $ to get some new light weight ones, but I'm really pushing for my new exhaust system, I've also seen a really nice one around with a carbon fiber hood. It would be cool if we could organize something for the Michigan members, what do u think? By the way, where did u buy your 07 ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Bringing this thread out of the deathpile, I just moved back to muskegon area from norwalk, Oh so ill be around if you see a silver 02 wrx with roja formula 5's carbon fiber hood scoop and sounding mean coming down the street , thats me.
We should really get a meet going cause ive seen a few other wrx's not stock around here. A few blue ones and couple silver ones.
Also if anyone knows a good place to get a rim fixed lemme know.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Your car sounds sweet. There are a couple of us here in BC, a lot in the Detroit area, a few in Muskegon and the rest are all scattered. It would be great if we could organize a cruise or something, but where could we do it? Everyone is about an hour or more from each other. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I live right down the street from lake harbor park which is free has a decent parking and places to cook food, plus theres a beach through the woods. Otherwise there always hoffmaster but it cost money.
Maybe we could do a tri city thing musk grand rapids and kzoo.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Anybody else from Michigan that's interested in this? My old man is part of a GTO forum and they just met for a cruise up on the north side of Grand Rapids and cruised to lake Michigan. It was a great route, real curvy and beautiful country side.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts