Subaru WRX Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
One last update from me for now. I finally got around to building a cold air box for my DIY Ram Intake. I'll be posting a how-to article at some point in the near future.

Intake temps dropped like night and day. I'm very pleased with this mod making the WAIC system complete (minus the ghetto resevoir mounting system I have now). :D

Attachments

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'm still working out the kinks in the system. I built a new RAM intake because my original (just reducing tube with a MAF cutout) was turbulent at low RPM so it was no fun parking and reversing (not to mention impossible to tune the sensor scale). The MAF was mounted too close to where the reducing section of the pipe is.

I built a new one where the tube is slightly longer and the reducing section is right at the filter. I also added two vertical plates inside (similar to stock air box) before the MAF to even out the air flow. I have fixed all the low RPM issues and was able to tune the MAF scaling without any issues.

So I'm getting the boost dialed in. It looks like I'll be having target boost at right below 3400 RPMs. One of the first road dyno runs yielded 285 WHP with just under 300 TQ (but that had the slight overboost). Obviously this number is not exact since it's not a real dyno (and I'm at weird elevations). This is also without attempting to advance timing (I will start doing that when the boost is completely dialed in).

Here's current boost. I'm slightly under at a few of the RPM cells but I'm right about to hit target with a couple more runs and since there's no wild spikes or creeps, I should be able to have turbo dynamics keep it there in all conditions.

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts