Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for a WRX for awhile now. I just got the opportunity after my last car got totalled and I don't know much about the cars. I found a 2011 for sale with 95,000 miles and it's going for about $10,700. Any concerns? I need something that won't break the bank after owning it for a few years.

·
Registered
34 Posts
A used WRX is a gamble. Definitely have it looked over but someone who knows them. WRX owners typically abuse them and don’t maintain them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What should I do before buying a used WRX? I don't know what to look out for and I'm not really a car guy but I wanted to get into it more with a WRX. I also need it to last me awhile, what are some red flags when inspecting?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A used WRX is a gamble. Definitely have it looked over but someone who knows them. WRX owners typically abuse them and don’t maintain them.
What would you look for typically when seeing if a used WRX is well maintained? There are records and a few new parts. Would appreciate any help with this.

·
Registered
34 Posts
What would you look for typically when seeing if a used WRX is well maintained? There are records and a few new parts. Would appreciate any help with this.
Typical stuff with any used vehicle as well as leaking head gaskets. Check for physical leaks under the heads. Check for cam seal leaks. Check the oil and coolant for the other fluid.
General rule of thumb is Un modded. It’s never fun to buy someone else’s problem build..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts