Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so there is a kid in my hometown, he has an 02 wrx with a 3 1/2tubro back,intake and MBC set @ around 14 psi and any way he is talking alot of crap about my car, its a 97 GST with ported 14b,turbine housing and o2 housing,3"dp(but no 3" back :mad: ),Joe p MBC @ 16 psi, UICP with MAFT setup,SAFC2,K&N Filter, FMIC,Walbro 190 and 550ccs with some other odds n ends, now i know a subie can take my gst from a stop and thats why i support you guys so much AWD+ Turbo= True Love !Thumbs Up but the guy who is helping this kid who is talkin about my car said that he could easily take my car from a roll on the freeway, which i dont condone street racing and im sure this thread will be closed as im a member of DSMtuners and there strict but i just wanna know how my car would do against his and why they said it would have me by 7 car lenghts from a roll :confused:
thanx for ne feedback guys !Thumbs Up

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
7 car lengths?? I don't think he would get 7 car lengths if your car was bone stock. I don't know much about DSMs, but I would say 1-2 car lengths max if he even wins. It seems like you have a considerable amount done to you car. I think a stock GST has 215hp and the WRX has 227, and you have considerably more mods. I would say you would be the victor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats right on the stock HP but im hopinh that im at least pushing 250 whp, b/c the t25 that comes stock on 2g dsms is rated at 250 whp with supporting mods, im just tired of this kid telling me all this stuff but thanx man, btw nice looking subie i love your guys cars !Thumbs Up

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I have around the same mods as that goof, minus the mbc. I wouldn't want to race your car on the highway. I had a Talon, I know what's up. ;)

Sorry, benchracing and streetracing are both lame. Take him to the track, then make him pay the entrance fee when he loses. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
t25 rated at 250 whp???? Yeah right. A stock 2g with a t25 puts down around 150-170 at the wheels in an awd and maybe 180 in a fwd. With supporting mods you could maybe see 250 at the engine, but you would need a front mount and everything, and that tiny turbo would be blowing itself up shortly. As for the wrx guy, why does he need a 3 1/2 exhuast!? Your car would win dsmer, but why have a 3 inch downpipe without the rest of the exhuast. That's a huge restriction. Finish off the exhuast, throw on an evo 3 16g and whoop some butt. !Thumbs Up

·
Registered
9 Posts
hey DSMer u would prob take him from a stop as well...seems his car would run a 13.7 and i could definately see you puttin down times lower then that with the 14b instead of the t-too small. But i would throw on a evoIII 16g, those injectors can easily take it and the fmic is probably begging to be used more to its potential.. ahh i love DSM's so much

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update:
welp i seized my 14b and i now have a evo3 16g and a three inch exhaust but now he wont take it to the track b/c he lost hes licence coming back from a street race doing 120....this is why i would never race him on the street and look wut happened to him ROFL.....so im trying to get him to the track as soon as i do ill get an update out

as for him needing a 3.5 inch exhaust im not to sure why he got 3.5 hes running stock EVERYTHING except air filter and boost controller.... :confused:

·
Registered
983 Posts
You should tell him to come here before he starts doing stupid first mods like an MBC. He probably deserves having his license taken away, 120mph on a street with probably stock tires. ROFL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts