Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 05 wrx. Engine giving me way to many problems so I’m thinking bout building one. But I been researching on if I should 6 speed swap my wrx or rebuild my 5 speed but can’t find what I’m looking for. I know 5 speeds are basically glass trannys and will give out to a certain power output. My questions is, is there parts, like for example bigger gear sets that would sturdy up the 5 speed make it handle more power? And if so what else can I do to keep the rpm’s lower when more power is involved?. Or is doing a 6speed swap the better option? I’ve looked into the 6speed but it’s too much work and money. Been told about getting an sti donor car but then I think if I have the sti donor car might as well keep that as my daily lol. So I just wanna know what’s everyone’s experience with upgraded 5 speeds or 6 speeds swap. I know I should just get rid of the wrx and get the sti but the sti market is crazy right now and sellers are either wanting way to much for it or there’s just not any sti near me. So for now I’m keeping the wrx

1 - 1 of 1 Posts