Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had new heads installed on my 2017 WRX STI. When the engine only cranks but does not start. It is getting fuel pressure, has air and compression, but it is not getting spark after testing. I tested the resistance of the coils and they are good. I pulled out a spark plug and plugged it into the coil, grounded it but no spark after cranking it. I tested the 3 pin coilpack connector/plug. The power wire gets 12.7v (drops to 10.4v while cranking). The control wire gets 2.46v (jumps to 2.75v while cranking). Ground wire has proper resistance. Timing belt was double checked and all marks are aligned. All fuses were checked. Ignition wires going to ecu were tested and have 12v. I have the 7000 page factory service manual and went through the diagonstics for engine starting failure on ignition control system but still could not narrow down the issue. Car was towed to a local mechanic who I thought could figure out the issue. He could not diagnose the issue and proceeded to charge me $268 for replacing the crank sensor and trying to diagnose it. Towed my car back home and now it's sitting in the driveway. This is hurting my brain.

-All 4 coil packs were replaced
-Crank sensor was replaced
-Cam sensors replaced
-Battery was replaced
-All sensors are plugged in

None of these codes should prevent the ignition issue. They are mostly from the tgv and pcv deletes.
P2016 Pending- Tumble Generated Valve Position - Sensor 1 Circuit Low
P2008 Stored- Tumble Generated Valve Signal 1 - Circuit Malfunction (Open)
P2433 Stored- Sec. Air Pressure Sensor (High)
P04DB Stored- Crankcase Ventilation System Disconnected
P2016 Pending- Tumble Generated Valve Position - Sensor 1 Circuit Low
P2008 Pending- Tumble Generated Valve Signal 1 - Circuit Malfunction (Open)
P2433 Pending- Sec. Air Pressure Sensor (High)
P04DB Pending- Crankcase Ventilation System Disconnected
P04DB Permanent- Crankcase Ventilation System Disconnected
P0102 Permanent- Mass Air Flow Circuit Low
P0113 Permanent- Intake Air Temperature Circuit High Input
P2005 Permanent- Tumble Generated Valve System 2 - (Valve Open)

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As I tested every fuse for connectivity, the only fuse I noticing was missing is on the second two top fuse spot on the vertical black fuse box. I cannot find any helpful information on this vertical black fuse box.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts