Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up everyone. Got a 2016 WRX about a year ago. The car is sweet and fun to drive. Got a intake, tune, coil overs, and some great sticky tires on it. Exhaust and moving the intercooler are in the plans but first I want either a BPV or an air/oil separator.

My question is which one would be better to purchase first? Would installing the BPV and running it for 6-8 months before I get the air/oil separator work. I know there is a lot of ringland failure on these and that was my concern. I have done a good bit of research but would rather some real life experience from yall.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would 100% go with the AOS. The BPV adds a little more noise but honestly if you opened up your intake you have already allowed more noises to escape.

The AOS will keep a lot of gunk and crap out of your motor and let it stay healthy a lot longer. Depending on your mileage you may also want to look into a walnut blasting of the valves. And AOS will also help the valves stay a little cleaner.

the ringland issues was with the 2.5 EJ series (STI & older WRXs). The FA platform in the new WRX has issues more so with the connecting rods liking to break, and build up on the valves because the FA is direct injection so the valves are not “washed“ with fuel like the EJ was.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts