Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there my name is Brittney! I just recently got a 2004 subaru impreza wrx manual and have noticed, and/or know of some things wrong with it. The fuel sensor gauge is very slow when I start up the car staying at empty for a good 5 minutes before it starts going up. What would just the fuel gauge be called within the cluster? Can I even change just the fuel gauge or would I have to change the whole cluster and/or switch?

Also it throws an evap code due to something with the fuel vent hose, anyone know what size hose it would be? Would I have to drop the tank in order to get to it? I've heard of people doing a trapdoor perse to make it easier to get to for future runs if need be, where would that need to be done? Anyone have pictures of it?

There were some kind of platnium coils that was put into it, so it throws a code for missfire in cylinder 2 and 4 which is supposedly due to the coils, so I bought some oem coils from carparts.com to hopefully change those out and get that problem fixed. If the problem is not fixed from that what else can I do?

I'm extremely new to the mechanic world so I don't really know how to do a whole lot yet but I figured this would be a perfect project car to really set it off! :D

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi there my name is Brittney! I just recently got a 2004 subaru impreza wrx manual and have noticed, and/or know of some things wrong with it. The fuel sensor gauge is very slow when I start up the car staying at empty for a good 5 minutes before it starts going up. What would just the fuel gauge be called within the cluster? Can I even change just the fuel gauge or would I have to change the whole cluster and/or switch?

Also it throws an evap code due to something with the fuel vent hose, anyone know what size hose it would be? Would I have to drop the tank in order to get to it? I've heard of people doing a trapdoor perse to make it easier to get to for future runs if need be, where would that need to be done? Anyone have pictures of it?

There were some kind of platnium coils that was put into it, so it throws a code for missfire in cylinder 2 and 4 which is supposedly due to the coils, so I bought some oem coils from carparts.com to hopefully change those out and get that problem fixed. If the problem is not fixed from that what else can I do?

I'm extremely new to the mechanic world so I don't really know how to do a whole lot yet but I figured this would be a perfect project car to really set it off! :D
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Vehicle registration plate

1 - 2 of 2 Posts