Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I am 15 years old, and interested in cars... I need a bit of help in the form of getting some questions answered, any input would be appreciated...

1) Is a WRX a good first car, is it reliable? And is it relatively expensive to maintain and/or repair?
2) Where is a good place to look for cars? I am looking at Craiglist right now...
3) I have found this WRX, its $12,500, could you please tell me if its a good vehicle that I should consider? I will gladly appreciate any help, I am very new but pretty interested in cars.
2002 Wrx with some power ups. The car was repainted before I got it and looks great, it has some scratches like most subarus, but no rust. All wheel hub, undercarage, and mechanical components are in great condition. Since I have had it ive put in a 50k miles JDM EJ205 motor with AVCS, VF-39 07 STI turbo, STI intercooler, Grimmspeed Y-Pipe, Slotted and drilled rotors and new pads, new trunk interior, 6 spoke wheels and firestone tires, oem spark plugs, steel lug nuts, New Napa Radiator, and led head light conversions. Some of the upgrades that were already on the car include a Cobb access port, bigger injectors, fuel pump, new A/C compressor, mishimoto coolant hoses, mishimoto knob and cobb shortshifter, invidia N1 turbo back exhaust, perrin air intake and filter, 2004 STI tail lights, and more. It runs premium gasoline, runs approx 300 + bhp and 19+ Pounds of Boost on the turbo. hasn't been been on a dino since ive had it so I can't assume any power gain since ive put parts on. I run only Rotella T6 motor oil in it and it has all new fluids all around. I take care of my cars, clean it once a week, and wax it once a month. It is not smoked in and interior in is good conidtion, drivers seat is worn out a bit but not bad. Clean 02 WRX's like this can go for 10k with under 100k miles, but with these upgrades adding up to more than 6k total, and 50,000 on the motor, 12.5k is a more than fair price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I’m going to stop you at 1 and ...

WRXs are very expensive to insure due to the high ticket and crash rates. Call your insurance company and ask what your policy would cost. That could very well change your mind.

be very very weary of modified used vehicles. There is a high chance you will end up with someone else’s nightmare build. Or a ticking time bomb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts