Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,
I just bought an 07' WRX TR a couple of months ago and I bought some gauges for it (a boost gauge and an A/F ratio gauge). I got the boost gauge hooked up and now I am trying to hook up the A/F gauge. But I can't find any ecu pinouts for 06' or 07' to find out which wire is for the rear o2 signal! :(
I know this is kind of a stupid gauge to have because it isn't real acurate. Being so far back and all. :notgood:

Anyway! I was wondering if anyone has an ecu pinout, or if anyone knows where to find one for free?

I am going to be buying a pyrometer as well, and need the pinout to know which wires I need to tap in to for that.

Thanks in advance.
Josh (Hittman)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot!!Thumbs Up I will try and get this hooked up as soon as possible and let you know how it goes. If it works I will try and post some pics or vids of my gauge in action.:sneaky:

Thanks.
Josh (Hittman)

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I finally got this thing hooked up and it is pretty erratic. I'm not sure I like it.:beatentod I think I need a wide-band A/F gauge.

Anyway, I will still try and get some video posted.

Hittman

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Hittman said:
Well, I finally got this thing hooked up and it is pretty erratic. I'm not sure I like it. I think I need a wide-band A/F gauge.
I could've told you that. A/F gauges are lame. Get a wideband if you want accuracy. ;)

As far as a pyrometer (EGT) goes, hook up the power straight to the battery, the backlight to the illumination wire on the radio, and the ground to a known good ground. I wouldn't hook it to a pre-existing ground wire, hook it up to the steering column, there are some bolts there that you can hook it up to.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally Posted by 9d2TSi
I could've told you that. A/F gauges are lame. Get a wideband if you want accuracy.

As far as a pyrometer (EGT) goes, hook up the power straight to the battery, the backlight to the illumination wire on the radio, and the ground to a known good ground. I wouldn't hook it to a pre-existing ground wire, hook it up to the steering column, there are some bolts there that you can hook it up to.
Thanks for the advice!:)

As for the video I Promised kh15. Here are a few links.
This one is while I was parked, and this one while I was driving. This gauge looks cool, but is quite useless!
You will need the volume turned up on the first one to tell what is going on between the motor and the gauge. I wouldn't recomend having it too loud for the second, as I didn't have the radio turned down as much as I thought I did.

Enjoy!

Josh (Hittman_1)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts