Subaru WRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here setting up one of my old subie projects to come back to life. Been sitting two year not moved or nothing. So long story short I replaced the fuel pump and housing, starter, battery along with 20L of fresh fuel with gas line antifreeze. I have crank no ignition, no codes on the OB2 reader. Ran when parked by the way to add that in. Have fuel pumping to the rail I checked. I pulled the top mount cooler off. Sprayed quick start. Car fires up till it burns of quick start. So I have spark and compression. Seems like I'm not getting fuel but I have fuel at the rail. I find it hard to believe all four injectors are gumed up. Anyone have any ideas on some possible problems? Thanks for you input in advance

·
Registered
477 Posts
Okay here setting up one of my old subie projects to come back to life. Been sitting two year not moved or nothing. So long story short I replaced the fuel pump and housing, starter, battery along with 20L of fresh fuel with gas line antifreeze. I have crank no ignition, no codes on the OB2 reader. Ran when parked by the way to add that in. Have fuel pumping to the rail I checked. I pulled the top mount cooler off. Sprayed quick start. Car fires up till it burns of quick start. So I have spark and compression. Seems like I'm not getting fuel but I have fuel at the rail. I find it hard to believe all four injectors are gumed up. Anyone have any ideas on some possible problems? Thanks for you input in advance

If you are getting fuel at the rail the only thing in the way is the injectors. They could either be gunked up or stuck. Try to tap on them with a screwdriver handle. Also, you can hear them clicking if you have a stethoscope when they work.

You could also test the signal to the injectors (however the ECU wouldn't normally cut the signal.. at least not without throwing a CEL).

There's just nothing else left. Gotta be injectors. It's not too hard to pop them off and spray them out with some brake clean or test them for being stuck by supplying a 12v signal to them.

Good luck! :nerd:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know this is a old thread but what all are the ground locations i bout a 03 wrx ej20 and im having trouble getting fire we checked fuel coming into the filter and out and plenty of fuel comes in and all 4 cames look in time havent seen the crank though but for now you could almost assum that the car is in time if everything else is lined up right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts